Skeeter Question

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TARRENEL

Reaction score
I started two 5 gallon batches of SP at the same time. One I did regular and the other I blended one gallon of water with 48oz frozen triple berry fruits ( for one day in a 2 gallon bucket). I did both batches the exact way adding the same items in both batches. The only differnce is the 1 gallon of fruit juice I made with the triple berries. Now 24 hours later the regular pee is slowly bubbling and the triple berry one is not. Would adding the 1 gallon of fruit juice I made slow the yeast from working?

You mention starting them at the same time, but when did you start them?
What yeast?

I ask because fermentation can take up to about 72 hours to get started.. And although its only a gallon that you played with, but the additional fruit would change your acid and sugar levels slightly - perhaps not enough to keep fermentation from starting, but maybe enough to change the timing.

I started both yesterday afternoon. I split a slurry I had from my first batch of pee I made.

After I wrote this I started thinking, would the acid from the lemon juice and whatever acid came from the triple berry, would that slow this batch from starting up?

2 days in and the triple berry batch is burping like there is no tomorrow (like 3 bubbles every 2 seconds). The regular batch is just sitting there now not burping at all. The batch pushes the air in the airlock to a point and then stops pushing it( I think there might be a leak). This morning I changed airlocks (hope this is why it isnt burping ) Wish me luck

2 days in and the triple berry batch is burping like there is no tomorrow (like 3 bubbles every 2 seconds). The regular batch is just sitting there now not burping at all. The batch pushes the air in the airlock to a point and then stops pushing it( I think there might be a leak). This morning I changed airlocks (hope this is why it isnt burping ) Wish me luck
Use your hydrometer. If the specific gravity is falling, your batch is fermenting. Kinda sounds like it is, but the hydrometer will tell you for sure. Arne.

Latest posts

Back