This Year’s Plumeria Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlamingoEmporium

Reaction score
Last year I made a one gallon batch of plumeria flower wine that was outstanding. Got the nerve to try flower wine from BigDaveK.

So I figured I had enough flowers for a 2 gallon batch this year.
. IMG_2876.jpeg IMG_2862.jpegIMG_2859.jpeg
I think I had 132 blossoms in there. I forgot the pound of white raisins. I did add 32 oz bottle of pomegranate juice with my white grape juice. My first dose of ec1118 didn’t look active when I poured in my starter, but I gave it a half day. No action whatsoever. Anybody ever have that happen ? At first I thought maybe the white grape juice had sorbate or something in it but I double checked. Sulfites but nothing else. I grappled another packet and made a starter and it became active fairly quick. Not sure what happened since they both came out of the same batch.

But now it’s really going. Like a fizzy drink.

Fantastic!
I remember you mentioning last years hurricane damage but don't remember details. Things looking up?

This is weird.
Just this week I had the same yeast problem! Starter looked good but then nothing after 1.5 days! WTF! Added more yeast and it took off like gangbusters, foamy head after 6 hours.

Fantastic!
I remember you mentioning last years hurricane damage but don't remember details. Things looking up?

This is weird.
Just this week I had the same yeast problem! Starter looked good but then nothing after 1.5 days! WTF! Added more yeast and it took off like gangbusters, foamy head after 6 hours.
It will be 2 years this coming September. Lost a bunch of plants but now I’ve got a nice bunch. I had tons of mango blossoms this winter, but the trees shed quite a few from wind etc. I’m hoping to get enough to make a few batches of mango wine. Place is pretty much back to normal.

Yeah there’s a lot of yeast in just a little over 2 gallons

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back