Secret Santa? or Holiday? Member Wine Exchange?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pioneergirl

Reaction score
I have had 2 glasses of wine.....Was thinking has anyone shipped their wine to any other members on the site here? Does anyone think it's a good idea to devote 6 bottles to send to other members for the holidays as a 'secret' santa or exchange? And, do we have to lie at the post office? Thoughts?

There's actually a section of the forum for wine trading :)

Cant use the USPS though, its a federal offense
UPS & FedEx wont ship it if you tell them its wine, but its not illegal - preserves, marinades, and things like that they have no problem with though

Wrap it well, & preferably in something that wont leak if the bottle breaks.. Make sure the box its in is full of shipping peanuts or something..

Havent thought of a holiday exchange before though, might be fun

It is illegal to send alcohol through the USPS. Under no circumstances should you attempt. However many of our forum members do ship "steak marinade" via UPS or FedEx. Unless you are a Bonded Winery you can't officially ship "wine" via UPS or FedEx.

Hope this "clears" things up!

I love the idea, I'm not real sure the best way to go about it though, one would need to know the address of the member. This is usually done by a PM, however if you PM the member then it is no longer "secret".
any suggestions?

Yeah it's a difficult secret santa but you can give your address to one designee and they can tell the person where to ship it. You can still figure out who it is if you look at the description of where people are but it's a good idea. I'd be in for it. I'll even offer myself as the "address holder" to keep it somewhat secret.

Latest posts

Back