"Re-cycled" muscadine pulp

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bj4271

Reaction score
I made a batch of muscadine that is aging now; but, I re-used the pulp/skins/etc. for a small batch after racking the first batch. The "recycled" batch is a little thin after racking. I was thinking of adding some grape concentrate I got from George. Any ideas?

BJ: I have not done this before, but am planning on squeezing about 35 pounds of scuppernogg tonight to start a 5 gallon batch. When it racks into the secondary, I plan on doing the same thing as you, and have thought about the white grape juice if it's a little weak as well, or maybe I'll experiment with the light malt during fermentation to see what that does......... Got a week or so to decide. Let me know what you do, but I think your plan is as good as any. I think the Blackberry port I have calls for 1/2 cup per gallon to give body and sweeten back a bit if that helps. Edited by: jobe05

I would recommend getting more Muscadines and adding to them
smiley1.gif
Edited by: Waldo

Waldo, they're not avail around here any more.

Jobe, This weekend I was racking, stabilizing, & filtering about6 batches. 3 of Muscadine started different times (incl the 'thin" batch), Cherry (from puree), blueberry (V. Harvest), & Apple Cider. The apple cider used up 3 CrystalBrite filters (after thinning it with Cherry & the 'thin" musc) & half of it still needs filtering (ran out of filters). Anyway, many of the flavors got mixed & I've got some really wonderful smelling wines, but none are thin now.

This is the first time I've used the Vin brite filter & it really makes the wines look spiffy!

Latest posts

Back