Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kitchen project continues. They don't make 'em like they used to, and maybe that's a good thing! 😄 This is why the drywall cracked. I guarantee you it will NOT be like this once I widen the doorway. This is a load-bearing wall, so tomorrow I will build the temporary support wall so I can do the work.

IMG_3959.JPG

34-year-old Jim dropped this wire from the attic when installing kitchen ceiling fans. He made sure to leave enough so old man Jim can move the switch (see line at right) after widening the door. We were thinking about it all the way back then.

IMG_3960.JPG

Old work boxes converting the one-gang counter outlets to two-gang have been installed. I guess I am gonna have to rent a steamer to get that wallpaper off there. It is really on, and they say do not put backsplash tile over wallpaper or it will eventually fall off.

IMG_3961.JPG

DOUBLE 2x4’s! Looks like they went all out!

When they tear apart my house they will be asking why this guy used double 2x8 headers on a non-load bearing wall… because I always overbuild everything.
I have always done the same thing. I built a 10x12 shed a few years ago that will be the last thing standing in this neighborhood. 🤣 🤣

I have always done the same thing. I built a 10x12 shed a few years ago that will be the last thing standing in this neighborhood. 🤣 🤣
I drove past a place daily and watched a guy replace the roof on his house with commercial 2x4 trusses spaced 6’ on center. Then he installed purlins that he salvaged from pallet lumber (variably spaced depending on how big the pallet plywood pieces were) and Topped it with shingles. It’s still standing but I’m starting to notice a little sagging here and there. 😂. It’s one of many WTF- DIY construction projects I’ve seen locally.

Rolling Rock time! It's not quite done yet ... BUT I AM! 😄 That's a fabricated header, two 2x6s that sandwich a glued piece of plywood. Screwed together. The wood stack is from the temporary wall I had to build to hold up the roof load while I put in the new, wider header.

IMG_3971.JPG

So, this person thought it would be a good idea to strap the loose parts onto their car to make it driveable. Notice that one of the straps is attached to the windshield wiper. Our hillbillies are the best!
View attachment 112070

Attachments

• 50E3E5E4-F409-46D0-BDFC-173A14B23DFF.jpeg
    50E3E5E4-F409-46D0-BDFC-173A14B23DFF.jpeg
    712.5 KB · Views: 0
Back