Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's where I am after 16 hours.

IMG_20240412_154137905.jpg

IMG_20240412_154143487.jpg

IMG_20240412_154159938.jpg

They must have had nails on sale when they put these cabinets in! Interestingly, they laid the linoleum floor before building the peninsula, so that exposed piece is literally brand new. None of the other cabinets have it under them. It still has the imprint on it that would have been washed off with the first mopping. Armstrong Solarian was good stuff back in those days!

IMG_3935.JPG

Screenshot 2024-04-12 at 5.58.26 PM.png

All out except the sink and dishwasher. I can tell already that there is gonna be rot under that sink cabinet. A 35-year-old friend and his teenage boy came over today and loaded up all the wood from two piles I made in the house onto a trailer to go to the dump later. My old knees were thankful. I have about 21 hours in the demo so far. Now you can see that the kitchen ceiling has been overlaid, a result of an earlier leak when adding the sunroom, so the cabinets will go all the way to a cove moulding up there. Oh, do my knees HURT! :D

IMG_3949.JPG

All out except the sink and dishwasher. I can tell already that there is gonna be rot under that sink cabinet. A 35-year-old friend and his teenage boy came over today and loaded up all the wood from two piles I made in the house onto a trailer to go to the dump later. My old knees were thankful. I have about 21 hours in the demo so far. Now you can see that the kitchen ceiling has been overlaid, a result of an earlier leak when adding the sunroom, so the cabinets will go all the way to a cove moulding up there. Oh, do my knees HURT! :D

View attachment 111885
golden yrs my as_?

My comment was about the knees. I have a ton of problems with both of mine. Their solution is replacement. Hence the comment about the growing older ….golden years.

I have all but remolded my whole house. Real tile in bathroom floors and replaced carpet with 3/4 hardwood floors in the rest of the house. Painted everything.

My comment was about the knees. I have a ton of problems with both of mine. Their solution is replacement. Hence the comment about the growing older ….golden years.

I have all but remolded my whole house. Real tile in bathroom floors and replaced carpet with 3/4 hardwood floors in the rest of the house. Painted everything.
My Bride has a problem with her right knee and gets periodic injections of a product called "Gel One" and cortisone. It really helps her and last for about 6 month then needs to be re-introduced. You might want to talk to your doctor about this before going "under the knife."

View attachment 111885

I do not - even in the slightest way - envy you at all. 🤣

Have you noticed all those magazine articles etc. about all the things you can do when you retire, such as climb mountains or run marathons, are all written by some twit who is about twenty-five years old? I tried to run a marathon the other day. Actually, I was trying to catch the bus, but it felt like a bloody marathon!
They say that running keeps you fit. If so, I must have the fittest nose in the UK. :D

Latest posts

Back