Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spent some time yesterday hangin with one of our BFF's. They have had some cool visitors for the last couple of days. A small herd of 8 Rocky Mountain Bighorn sheep have decided to squat on their property. Very fun to watch. Not too skittish but they do keep an eye on you. Couple of yearlings in there as well. The entire herd is now up to ~1500 here in NM. The Rio Grande is in the background.

IMG_0915.jpgIMG_0894.jpg02CA3BB5-40FB-4601-9798-FA77141D64ED_1_102_o.jpeg

They had the whole ones here for a decent price but way to much meat for us. If you bought less than whole. NOT so great price!
We tend to buy larger pieces, which I process and package in quantities for 2. We have a large standup freezer, and a while a whole NY strip will provide us roughly 9 meals, it is a lot of meat to handle at once.

For a lot of folks, the larger quantities don't work out.

So much for your gout going away!

They had the whole ones here for a decent price but way to much meat for us. If you bought less than whole. NOT so great price!

View attachment 111535

$6.97 is as low as she goes here, rock bottom. Usually they will cut it into steaks, but the guy said his machine was down. Fresh meat doesn't bother me. Eating too much processed meat and tree nuts will, though. And I was snacking on both quite a bit, including that day when I went out and did quite a bit pf physical mechanical work on the rider. It's almost all gone now. Those supplements are the best.

Well, it finally started to rain just a bit ago and we have a small t-storm going on Still waiting on the predicted, and I quote, "60 to 70 mile per hour winds" that the news media has been touting for 2 days. The poor local news TV stations had all their people out to report on the certain damage, and they are just filling air time now, lol. Typical result. Highest gust at the farm was 21 mph early in the day, and it is currently calm with light rain and rumbles. We'll see what happens.

Screenshot 2024-04-02 at 5.08.21 PM.png

Well, it finally started to rain just a bit ago and we have a small t-storm going on Still waiting on the predicted, and I quote, "60 to 70 mile per hour winds" that the news media has been touting for 2 days. The poor local news TV stations had all their people out to report on the certain damage, and they are just filling air time now, lol. Typical result. Highest gust at the farm was 21 mph early in the day, and it is currently calm with light rain and rumbles. We'll see what happens.

View attachment 111584
Headed this way in the form of that evil white stuff for Wednesday PM and Thursday.

Headed this way in the form of that evil white stuff for Wednesday PM and Thursday.
Wound up with an inch of rain but no wind. I detest TV weather hype. Found out this morning that we were actually under a tornado WARNING because they saw some rotation in a cloud up there, by radar. It was calm and raining here. 😄

Latest posts

Back