Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hours on the design? You cannot spend too much time on the design process. When I was planning the MIL apartment my wife asked me why it was taking so long to do a drawing and I told her it only took a few hours but I was on design number 40 (at least).

I have about 30 hours in the design on paper with a designer. I have 5+ years of thinking about it before that, which is why I could hand her a measured drawing at the start. I agree. I plan the shit out of anything I do that is a multistep process with permanent results. If it is well-planned, the construction process proceeds smoother with fewer surprises and a better result. The process gets even more complex when another person is also part of planning the final product.

I'll do the demo, room prep and flooring. That's because I already know and have planned for all the issues that will have to be fixed after the old cabinets are removed. The kitchen was added in 1963 – why they made it 11'4" by 23'4" instead of 14 or 16 by 23'4", I will never know. They had the room to do so, and it would have been an easier kitchen to design then. I already redid it once (minus cabinets) in 1998, when I also built the adjoining sunroom myself. There are issues.

Last edited:
I have been working in the yard, doing Spring chores like pruning, cleaning up the beds, fertilizing. My Daffodils are looking very nice this year but I have a question for all you "Green Thumbs" out there. Look at this shot and you will see a nice clump of Daffodils in the foreground. Now, look at the background and you will see a single stalk all by itself next to a Hydrangea. How could this have happened? I plant bulb in groups and I did not plant one in that area. The only thing I can come up with is there was a Daffodil bulb in the container when I bought the Hydrangea. I don't think they propagate from seeds or do they?

View attachment 110972
probably the first patch was raided by a squirrel or other critter who dropped one during the great escape!

That's what usually happens here, but this year it has really been pretty straight ahead. Had a couple of frosty nights Sunday and Monday but otherwise no worries. Good luck. It sucks to lose blossoms, for sure.

80 here tomorrow...unbelievable.

It looks like I may have spoken too soon, lol... VERY springlike and green here now after huge storms last night... but just ahead on Monday night...

Screenshot 2024-03-15 at 11.02.29 AM.png

Missouri has that same scheduled for us Sat 36, Sun and Mon 26, Tues 36. I don't like this I want those 50 F lows back. Mother Nature has been out drinking again, I think.

Not to mention the baseball sized hail just North of me yesterday and the view at the minor league baseball stadium about 3 miles from me.

BaseballStadium.jpg

Good work, Dave. Did you use a rooting hormone? What is in your soil mixture? I assume you are planning an Elderberry patch. We made a lot of jelly when I was a kid. Do you make wine from the berries or just add them as a background flavor?
I propagate (clone) trees and vines (except Noiret) using a rooting hormone as well. I place the cuttings into water as soon as I cut them. Later, I soak about the bottom inch of the cuttings in rooting hormone for about 30 minutes before placing them in the soil mix. I only use new growth from last year. Then they get to sit on a heated germination pad until they get excited and sprout :h

Last edited:
Out of a forestry mulcher head. I think someone put the wrong oil in it. In any case, I'm losing 3 days of perfect weather which is at a premium right now!!

Out of a forestry mulcher head. I think someone put the wrong oil in it. In any case, I'm losing 3 days of perfect weather which is at a premium right now!!
Sorry, but it sure looks like a rear bearing for a floating axle truck. Don't think I've ever disassembled a forestry mulcher before. Good luck with the repair.

Latest posts

Back