Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
US Open fun anecdote for today: Zach Johnson (pictured below in black) made a tricky, sidehill putt. Then he putted again from the same spot, and made it again. The crowd all cheered, but he looked frustrated. Then he yelled to the crowd “You don’t understand: I am trying to miss it!” Immediately, someone in the crowd yelled out “Then you should let me putt it!” After the laughter died, Zach held out his putter and said “Okay!” and called the guy out onto the putting green. He timidly went, lined up the putt, and promptly missed.

lol Paul. That's great. I'm expecting daily anecdotes now. Btw I laughed again this morning about that story ordering wine as underage kids. Cracked me up proper. You're on a roll keeping me entertained.

lol Paul. That's great. I'm expecting daily anecdotes now. Btw I laughed again this morning about that story ordering wine as underage kids. Cracked me up proper. You're on a roll keeping me entertained.

Well, anecdotes were easier to come by on practice days!

Best I can do for today: I was not following any particular group, but instead decided to play "beer cart girl" and travel backwards through the holes, encountering all the groups out there once. I happened to be about 10 yds from where Jordan Spieth drove the ball just a few feet into the fescue. He and his caddie sized up the shot, being unsure about what they should do. At one point I heard Jordan say "Well, it's not like one less club is going to get through this any better." He then lined up his shot and took a whack. My head turned to try to see the ball in flight, but the ball had only gone about 2 yards, and was again stuck in the fescue. He then went and lined it up again, and said to his caddie "This is still on the exact same line." This time, he escaped, and put the ball on the opposite side of the fairway, 100 yds away; I thought he might be in trouble again, but it was only in the first cut. I thought he was looking at a big number, but he then put it on the green and sank the putt, to walk away with only a bogey.

I saw on the scoreboard that he was not doing super well, (~even par), and figured he was shaky. Later, I found out that he was driving and striking the ball really well, and it was only his putting that was off. Turns out I witnessed his only poor drive -- he hit 13 of 14 fairways, just not mine!

I'm +9 in my US Open pool. Not too hot. The leader is at -21. Cumulative score Picking 6 golfers out of 6 tiers based on their rankings. Your Worst golfers cumulative score is dropped. (Billy Horschel ?!?) Pretty fun though. We do this for every major. About 30 people play now. PM me if anyone is interested in taking part in the next major.

ImageUploadedByWine Making1497655214.380682.jpg
If anyone here works for the IRS please know this is for entertainment purposes only. [emoji6]

I'm +9 in my US Open pool. Not too hot. The leader is at -21. Cumulative score Picking 6 golfers out of 6 tiers based on their rankings. Your Worst golfers cumulative score is dropped. (Billy Horschel ?!?) Pretty fun though. We do this for every major. About 30 people play now. PM me if anyone is interested in taking part in the next major.

View attachment 36983
If anyone here works for the IRS please know this is for entertainment purposes only. [emoji6]

You had better charge that phone of yours...

Yep. I bet your at smoothly operating at 100% where it always stays. (I'm picturing you as the Dos Equis man now)

97%, sorry to let you down. I have the hair and the full beard, need to loose some more pounds (though I'm down 30 since New Years Day), but only a touch of grey...

Every silver lining's got a touch of grey
I will get by, I will get by, I will get by, I will survive.

Edit: I'm assuming you are speaking of the older version of the Dos Equis man, the newer one is way younger than I am (I'm 54 (physical age), going on 13 (mental age)).

Last edited:
97%, sorry to let you down. I have the hair and the full beard, need to loose some more pounds (though I'm down 30 since New Years Day), but only a touch of grey...

Every silver lining's got a touch of grey
I will get by, I will get by, I will get by, I will survive.

Edit: I'm assuming you are speaking of the older version of the Dos Equis man, the newer one is way younger than I am ( I'm 54 (physical age), going on 13 (mental age)).

Yes, the one true Dos Equis man.

Oh well. A touch of grey kinda suits you anyway.
And that is all I had to say.... and it's alright

My B-I-L was telling me last night that they'd dropped the price on the Pit Boss. Had I not just bought a Weber gasser two weeks ago, I'd be at Costco today. Pull the trigger @geek .

My B-I-L was telling me last night that they'd dropped the price on the Pit Boss. Had I not just bought a Weber gasser two weeks ago, I'd be at Costco today. Pull the trigger @geek .

I was hoping they drop the price on the wood pellet grill but no dice, and also I didn't see the unit on the floor today, maybe they ran out :ft

The pit boss seems to be a solid unit, but I think I want the "set it and forget it" convenience of the wood pellet grill :?

Anyone of you has a wood pellet unit?

You're better off w/ the Pit Boss, IMHO. Much more versatile, and still pretty much set-and-forget.

FWIW, my Weber Smokey Mountain is pretty much set-and-forget as well. Put the ribs on 3 hours ago at 250. It's still sitting at 250.

So if your even remotely thinking about a wood pellet BBQ look online for ratings and reliability. I was reading about them a year or two ago and it seemed like they were less than reliable and many were breaking down in warranty even. They have moving parts and anything with moving parts can break down over time.

Second thing is wood pellet stoves have a hard time it seems getting REALLY hot so you could do a reverse sear on steaks etc. They do low and slow great but not ultra high temps like what you can attain with grills that you can actually build a fire in, a real fire if you know what I mean. LOL

I was hoping they drop the price on the wood pellet grill but no dice, and also I didn't see the unit on the floor today, maybe they ran out :ft

The pit boss seems to be a solid unit, but I think I want the "set it and forget it" convenience of the wood pellet grill :?

I assume the Pit Boss is equivalent to the BGE. I cooked 2 boston butts on my Egg a few weeks ago. I stabilized the temp at 250 and put them on at 9:00pm. I took them off the next day around noon with the temp still at 250.

Back