Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dunno. 5pm and already 2 empty bottles on the counter. :)

That's why I have the keg of sparkling wine for my family's get together tomorrow. Twelve 750's worth of sparkling wine, nice and dry, for about seven wine drinkers! I'm sure my oldest brother will bring along a bottle or two of Muscat and White Zin (he also got a bucket of the "dark one" that I did this Fall).

Really cheap but good??
View attachment 33210

No lie its a great value. I ended up with a glass of the cab at our monthly Bunco earlier this month and I rather liked it. I couldn't believe she picked it up at the Dollar General. At the end of the day a wine is only good/great if you like it :)

Well, today was an expensive end to an expensive break. Christmas night, our garage door opener took a crap. My wife's bathroom faucet has had a drip for a while and the one in the kid's bathroom sprung a leak from inside the faucet the other day. Today, we went and got 3 new faucets - 2 to replace the leakers and a third so mine would match wifey's. Installation on the first two was flawless. While doing the third, the hot water supply line broke in the floor, spewing water all over. It was coming down into the family room and kitchen and quickly made it's way into the (fortunately unfinished) basement. Plumber left around 7:45. Remediation team will be here in the morning, then the reconstruction folks in a day or two. It could have been a lot worse, but we definitely have some drywall and painting work ahead. When the line broke, I could hear the water under the floor beneath me. It sounded a little loud, but I thought maybe the wife started laundry or something. I took the time to stop and yell down to her, and she had indeed just kicked off a load of laundry. By the time I got back into the bathroom, I knew that it was just too loud to be laundry, so I went running downstairs. I could see signs of water starting to come through the ceiling and down one wall. When I got to the basement to shut the water off, it sounded like a full on rainstorm. We're lucky that a the wall about 12 inches from the break provided easy egress for the water to go straight down to the basement. So other than a small section of that wall, and two, maybe three sheets of drywall on the ceiling, it wasn't too bad. A good chunk of the basement got wet, but not one drop in the winery or storage area. :db

Dang. Hate to hear that. A water leak cost a bundle when mine leaked from behind the washer. 16000.00 later plus the wife evicted my wine making operation. But on a plus side she bought me a 12 by 20 building and it's grown leaps and bounds from there.

Well, today was an expensive end to an expensive break......

I think they made a movie about you starring Tom Hanks once upon a time...... :(

money_pit_mansion.jpg

Just labeled the beer I made for our belated Christmas party. Just put a bottle in the refer to test later - bottle conditioning always stresses me out. Party is Saturday so let's hope it is respectable.

20170105_194742.jpg

Just labeled the beer I made for our belated Christmas party. Just put a bottle in the refer to test later - bottle conditioning always stresses me out. Party is Saturday so let's hope it is respectable.

I've never had one carb up decent is 2 days. Might oughta buy Bud!

Oh heavens I bottled it before Christmas I just printed & put the labels on the bottles tonight. It'll be right at 2 weeks in the bottle - I've waited as long as I could to test one.

Latest posts

Back