Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another very cool idea. But it wouldn't massage my feet. I love cork soled sandals, but not in winter.

Good to know I'm not the only oddball who's been saving used corks! Hubby just shakes his head. I've been saving corks for 20 years before I started making wine. Now that I have 1,000 new corks in a bag he REALLY doesn't understand.

Pam in cinti

Awesome concept, but I wish they put a pic of the boat somewhere. I'd love to actually see it. You must live by water. I'm landlocked here in cincinnati.

Pam in cinti

BarbieK, how'd you do that? That looks like it would be an awesome comfy rug to stand on while doing dishes! (Yes, I do them by hand. I hang laundry outside to dry too.)

Pam in cinti

Alright, so I am not alone.

wineforfun, to be more accurate lately I hang laundry outside to freeze. I have hangers over big bookshelves I can hang few things on inside to finish drying. The extra moisture helps with the forced dry air heating situation.

Pam in cinti

Any tips on the best way to cut those things in half while maintaining all fingers intact?

pinc

I need to cut mine in half for the clock, but I'm concerned about the corks being difficult to cut evenly and stay in two equal pieces.

A waterjet would be perfect, but you can't exactly get one at the local home depot hah.

Last edited:
Awesome concept, but I wish they put a pic of the boat somewhere. I'd love to actually see it. You must live by water. I'm landlocked here in cincinnati.

Pam in cinti

images

Epic fail in my book. Looked great coming out - but zero long term carbonation....fyi I tried to do this one handed and my first attempt blew the glass over. Sad experiment but the Syrah is pretty good!! So basically, at the end of the day, the "internet" and I will have to break-up for a bit!

Epic Fail.jpg

Try this again, only this time chill the wine down to 33 degrees.

CO2 goes into solution when cold.

You may have much better luck.

This thread just reminded me I need to whip up a batch of Pinot Grigio sparkling wine in the Corny keg. 33*F is good but 20*F is even better! I have 10 days until the gathering so if I do it here before the weekend I should be good. Last year did a Sauvingon Blanc batch and it was a hit, especially with my Mom. Gotta keep Mom happy!

Latest posts

Back