Orange/Creamsicle Pee

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Angie

Reaction score
Just started my first batch of Skeeter Pee. I am only doing a 1 gallon batch to start. Hope it turns out. It sure smells/tastes good right now. I added 3/4 can Welches white grape concentrate and 1 can of orange juice concentrate. It is sitting in the primary cooling down now. Either tomorrow or the next day I am adding a Peach Chard slurry. I have that sitting in the fridge for 5 days now but reading other posts that seems to be OK. Some of the flavours from other posts sure sound good - pomegranate, cranberry, blueberry/pom....ummm.

so when it's done..... instead of the little umbrella, do you serve it in a glass with a wooden stick in it?
1.jpg

Sounds good, enjoy,

Remember this thread and when it gets done, bring it back up and tell us if you regret making 1 gal. instead of 5. It sounds good, good luck with it and bet you like it when it is done. Arne.

I'm starting my 4th 5 gal. batch of SP. My best was raspberry pee. I made a 5L. batch of raspberry wine, from frozen store berrys & used the slurry to start the SP. That left 4L. of raspberry wine, which is coming along quite well. Every one loved the Raspberry SP. Next month I'll make 10 gal. batch for a summer wedding for our nephew. Roy

well, just pitched the slurry. I guess it was ready to go. Had it sitting on the counter, in a bottle with a plastic cap, and it blew the cap off. It was kinda grey though. My initial 'juice' was a nice orange and now it is sort of sludgy looking. Will have to add more orange concentrate to sweeten it and to colour it again, I think

well, just pitched the slurry. I guess it was ready to go. Had it sitting on the counter, in a bottle with a plastic cap, and it blew the cap off. It was kinda grey though. My initial 'juice' was a nice orange and now it is sort of sludgy looking. Will have to add more orange concentrate to sweeten it and to colour it again, I think

It's a good thing the cap was the weakest link, or you could of had an orange kitchen.

Measured my sg this morning - 1.05. I pitched the slurry yesterday at noon and my starting sg was about 1.07. Does this stuff ferment that fast? I added the rest of the nutrients and lemon so I hope this does not stall.

I have been reading the posts on all the other flavours and they all sound soooo good. I think I will have to limit myself to making 1 gallon batches - I would like to try some other recipes but I don't think I can drink that much SP

Measured my sg this morning - 1.05. I pitched the slurry yesterday at noon and my starting sg was about 1.07. Does this stuff ferment that fast? I added the rest of the nutrients and lemon so I hope this does not stall.

I have been reading the posts on all the other flavours and they all sound soooo good. I think I will have to limit myself to making 1 gallon batches - I would like to try some other recipes but I don't think I can drink that much SP

Still on my first batch and mine moved that fast. I started at 1.070 and when I went to bed, it was not doing anything that I could see. It was foaming nicely at 6am and when I checked it at 7pm that night, it was already at 1.040. 2 days later it was at 1.005 and still going strong

Cheers

that is quick....I have been whipping a fair amount of air into mine. I have it in a primary with a lid but the lid is not snapped on tight. Not sure if enough o2 is getting in so giving it a stir a few more times then usual. Every time I do I get a nice foam on top.

Putterr....at 1.005 did you rack into a secondary or are you going to leave it until dry?

that is quick....I have been whipping a fair amount of air into mine. I have it in a primary with a lid but the lid is not snapped on tight. Not sure if enough o2 is getting in so giving it a stir a few more times then usual. Every time I do I get a nice foam on top.

Putterr....at 1.005 did you rack into a secondary or are you going to leave it until dry?

You guys have the magic touch. It seems that some people struggle to get things going while others will get run over by their batch if they don't get out of the way. At this rate, you'll be sampling it soon. Good job! Start stocking up on vanilla ice cream.

just measured - at 1.035....down from 1.05 in about 8 hours:h

Best get the next batch started. 1 gal=10 or so 12oz. bottles. they do not last long. Glad its going good for you. Arne.

Mine had a rather large foam/head on it the whole time. I don't have an air lock for my primary so I transferred to a carboy at the 1.005 level (when the head started to show weakening signs). That was still almost to soon as the foam threatered to blow out my air lock to the point of having to remove some. Oh well it was a chance to taste it. After adding a small amount of sugar, I would say the colour and taste reminds me of pink lemonaid.

2 days later and it's still chugging away but starting to slow down.

Cheers

Mine had a rather large foam/head on it the whole time. I don't have an air lock for my primary so I transferred to a carboy at the 1.005 level (when the head started to show weakening signs). That was still almost to soon as the foam threatered to blow out my air lock to the point of having to remove some. Oh well it was a chance to taste it. After adding a small amount of sugar, I would say the colour and taste reminds me of pink lemonaid.

2 days later and it's still chugging away but starting to slow down.

Cheers

Careful with the pink lemonaid. Most of it is 8 to 11 % abv. It drinks like lemonaid and kicks like 3 mules. lol, Arne.

Would that be an alternate name for this stuff ---- "Mule Kicker" --"Kicking Mule" ?????:)

Wow...have not seen anything ferment so fast. I pitched the slurry on Friday noon and now, early Sunday evening, it is down to 1.002. Just racked into the secondary to finish the ferment.

The leftover slurry is still kicking pretty good - it was so thick that it wouldn't even drain into the secondary. I did bottle it and put it in the fridge. My question is: I know some people do not advocate using the slurry from Pee but I think some people just keep it going on and on...is it better to start a new yeast or should I just use this slurry again?

I had originally used a slurry from a Peach Chard and now as I rack this Pee it smells more peach then the actual Peach Chard wine.

Starting my jam one now

Latest posts

Back