Mosti Mondiale MM Meglioli Rojo Intenso

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimCook

Reaction score
At my post-holiday inventory reduction tasting event this past weekend, several of the bottles of wine I had made were opened. The most impressive (by my opinion as well as end-volume comparisons) was the Mosti Mondiale Meglioli Rojo Intenso. As I've said before, it's amazing what a little time will do for wine - this one was started in September of 2008, so it had just over two years on it.

20110121_102141_01-11_Wine_Tast.jpg

For anyone that is considering a Meglioli kit or has already made some - let them rest and then rest some more. You will be rewarded.

- Jim

I just bottled a meglioli barolo that I picked up on sale last summer so I am looking forward to it. just wish it didn't take 2 years!

one of the all time lines ever given:

"..... post-holiday inventory reduction tasting event...."

that is one for the books :)

I'm glad you like it, Al. The picture I included was just the wines that I had made - there were about an equal number of commercial wines opened as well.

- Jim

I have The Rojo Intenso and a Barolo both started around May 2008. Guess it's time to open one. Love your labels Jim. What are the other two wines in the photo?

Sounds like you had a nice little party there. You probably need a party now and then this winter with all the snow and cold going on outside everywhere.

I agree. Those a very nice lables.

Jackie,

The other two wines are some bottles that the labels didn't want to come off of so well so I hang onto for decoration along with a couple of others. The two in the picture are a little Vouvray white wine from France that had impressed me for the price on a warm summer day last year and then a Kaesler WOMS (Weapons of Mass Seduction) Aussie Cab-Shiraz bottle. Not pictured are other bottles including a Tignanello.

Appleman,

It was a good time, thank you. There were about 17 people in attendance and we tasted a variety of wines including the ones pictured above as well as Goldschmidt Alexander Valley Cab, two horriblelocalwines, Kilakanoon Testament Shiraz, a 1997 Gloria Ferrer Royal Cuvee, and a Foxen Santa Maria Pinot Noir.

Thank Joan for the Three Harts Merlot label in the picture - she's great. :)

- Jim

I opened a half bottle of the Rojo Intenso yesterday. Very nice wine. I'm going to letmost of itage some more but I was very pleased. I'd recommend this wine to anyone that likes Cabernet. Some kit reds are so fruit-forward they almost taste sweet. This one is not--it's much more refined, very smoothwith firm tannins (but not overwhelming).

Latest posts

Back