Mosti Mondiale MM Renaissance Sauvignon Blanc

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What ever happened to the notion that one of the kit companies might start selling grape packs as an individual product?

Maybe it was just a nice rumor.

ibglowin said:
Actually a Renaissance kit with a grape pack would be a huge hit!

Look at the success of the CC Showcase kits!

admiral said:
It is my error. I was thinking of the Renaissance Amarone that I made but then, it didn't have a grape pack... it had raisins. So, what was I thinking? Sorry for the confusion.
smiley9.gif

I agree. Perhaps another dream. I can't see why the Renaissance kits are priced so close to the AJ kits.

Wow, this is one SLOOOOW fermenter. Transfered to glass on day 9 and the SG is still 1.005 and still bubbling away. Added supplied oak and nutrient at ~ 1.030. Transfered oak as well to glass. Man o man does this guy smell wonderful. Absolutely amazing aromas of tropical fruit, citrus, lemongrass.

Holy cow, I can't wait to bottle this one!

20100301_223227_DSC02487.jpg

I like drinking reds better and they do smell pretty good while fermenting, but a the aromas from a white fermenting is just amazing! I'm sure its all that light flowery and tropical aromas that just remind me of spring and summer that really enhances everything.
Nice label going on that as well.

I am with you on the reds, (I make 80% Red, 20% White) but do love a good Sauv Blanc as well as anything these days.
smiley17.gif

I'm with ya Mike!!!!! I like reds... but, I have found myself drinking all kinds of wine lately....

Oh ya... Can't wait for a few notes on this one!!!!!

Mike, have you made anyother Sauv Blanc's???? I have the Mosti LE on order... Can't wait to give it a try...

Nope, first Sauv Blanc kit.

I asked George which kit (not including the $200 Meglioli Sauv Blanc) would be the closest (lots of citrus notes etc.) to a New Zealand and he came back with the Renaissance kit.

Not yet, its just now finished clearing and I will probably rack off the fines in few weeks and sneak a taste test then. It sure smelled great while it was fermenting.
smiley1.gif

Any tasting notes or updates? Mine is at 8 months and I will probably try a test bottle soon...or should I wait?

Yes, have opened a couple of bottles and its drinking nicely. Not quite the New Zealand style I was hoping for but still very drinkable and happy with the outcome.

Thought I would give a quick update on mine. My Sauvignon Blanc is drinking quite nicely as well and am pleased with the outcome. I was able to purchase this kit on sale last year so I think it's a great value.
smiley20.gif

Good to hear! I would make this kit again in a heartbeat. I am down to about 14 bottles and looking for a replacement. I think I am going to give the RJS En Premier New Zealand Sauv Blanc a try if I can catch it on sale. I don't even know if they ever go on sale (the En Premier). That kit (the MM Renaissance) which is on sale ATM is a steal for sure!

Back