Member Bio’s

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2005-03-16_094423_pissed.jpg

will the real Bob Morton step forward........Edited by: lockwood1956

Hello everybody.

I am Vinmaker and I like to make wine.

First order of business is to try to get an avatar for myself. I
do not have a web site so I will have to figure something else out.

Vinmaker and Bob,

Welcome to my forum. We always like more wine makers, or is it more wine? Anyway, Welcome!

You can find pictures all over the net. If you find on, but don't have the software to shrink it, send it to me and I will modify it for you.

[email protected]

Welcome Vinmaker, glad to have another Yankee on board...we are outnumbered by the guys and gals from down south!
smiley36.gif

We are gaining many members with lots of knowledge and experience that will certainly help everyone here!
smiley32.gif

[email protected]

Vinmaker said:
Hello everybody.

I am Vinmaker and I like to make wine.

First order of business is to try to get an avatar for myself. I do not have a web site so I will have to figure something else out.

Hey Vin

Why not use the avatar you have elsewhere, if you save it to your pc you can upload it. i think its a good avatar.

regards

Bob

Thanks George and Scott. When I saw all the members here that I
recognized, I just had to join. I will have to find some more
time.

Hey Bob and/or George. The avatar section of the member profile
seemed to indicate that the picture had to be "mapped" over from a web
site. i.e. from a URL. The "vinmaker" avatar that Bob
imported is not located on a web site.

Is it possible for me to use this avatar? Do I need someone to "host" the image for me?

Or do I totally misunderstand this?

I will attempt to load it from my computer by fooling around in the member profile section.

Thanks guys.

I am glad to be here.

Vinmaker.

Scratch that. I noticed the "upload" button. Must have missed that the first time through.

2005-03-18_013218_IMG_0064.JPG
Well, here's my pic. It all happened today, but took me forever to figure this out.

I have recently retired in Dec. 2004 as a Building Inspector for the County of Maui. I am presently self-employed doing the same thing..(three days a week only.) The rest of my time is devoted to God,my family, my art, and my winemaking.

Martina, now I know why it took me such a long time. I was searching for the "address bar" that you have mentioned and could not find it. The path that I took was through a program that came with my camera showing pictures and folders and thumb views of each with the .jpg after each one.

Can this be an alternate path other than "My Pictures?" "My Pictures," also has them there as well? Thanks.

I'm not quite sure what you're asking, but I've posted a screenshot of what an address bar is. Hope this helps.

2005-03-18_152725_screenshot1.jpg

Martina, that's the screen that I could not find. I need to dry run it a couple of times. I know the address bars, but when my pictures came up, the screen was split with thumb nail pictures on one side and files running horizontally, with no address bar at all. Much Thanks! (Gotta find my "Brownie Camera.")

Heh CW, back to work?

Edited by: Maui Joe

Yep, Joe, back to the old grind for 3 nights. This forum won't be the same come monday.

I always felt abnormal workings mid's when I was younger and going to school in the am., then trying to sleep during the day when everyone was up making loud noises. I felt like a "zombie" on my days off trying to please the family in doing things, etc. I HATED THOSE DAYS. (sorry, no internet politeness there) "senior moment!

Well, I've been on the same schedule and same track for 6 years. I like it better here at night. Here in the daytime, everyone thinks they are a boss, all chiefs and no warriors.

Latest posts

Back