It'll be here before you know it

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John, how much are you paying for the Petite Syrah and what region are they from?

I think LHBS are listing this varietal for $46 (Lodi) and $54 (Paso Robles)

How about you Jim?

John, how much are you paying for the Petite Syrah and what region are they from?

I think LHBS are listing this varietal for $46 (Lodi) and $54 (Paso Robles)

How about you Jim?

Central Valley: $44.50
Suisun (Lanza Vineyards): $51
Amador Gold: $53

I've done Petite Sirah and Old Vine Zin from Amador Gold and they were very nice grapes. No experience with Lanza, but I've heard good things.

$41 per lug (Lodi) with shipping for me. Got an email this week that they will pick next week and ship to Denver for pickup early next Saturday!

icon_da.gif

LOL, Expedition! I had to jump start it today and will drive it around this weekend. Have not started it since this Winter. May do an oil change on it this weekend. Time to get the primaries cleaned out and fire up the crusher as well to make sure everything is working still. :db

Fire up that Explorer!

$41 per lug (Lodi) with shipping for me. Got an email this week that they will pick next week and ship to Denver for pickup early next Saturday!

that is a good price compared to what we're getting up here, specially that it includes shipping?:d
I got quoted $46 Lodi with me picking it up BUT just found out that another LHBS will have them for $42.

If you remember we buy directly from the Vineyard owner, so no middle man markup.

Nobody beats @JohnT prices though. That Jersey connection to high quality grapes that just "fall out the back of trucks " all day long along with the $5 porterhouse steaks.......... ;)

that is a good price compared to what we're getting up here, specially that it includes shipping?:d
I got quoted $46 Lodi with me picking it up BUT just found out that another LHBS will have them for $42.

Last edited:
If you remember we buy directly from the Vineyard owner, so no middle man markup.

Nobody beats @JohnT prices though. That Jersey connection to high quality grapes that just "all out the back of trucks" all day long along with the $5 porterhouse steaks.......... ;)

I believe you, I quoted PS from Paso Robles at $54 when he is getting it for $48, but he buys way much more than me anyway.

I will stick with PS from Maltose at $42 from Lodi.

You guys are making me sick. I'm paying 154 for 50lbs and 45 shipping per 50lb/5gal bucket. Maybe time for me to just buy it at the liquor store.

Do you think its too late to order? I would love to try a batch using fresh grapes but have no idea where to purchase them from. Who are you buying from that ships? The picture of those grapes looks amazing!

I have only been making wine for a year and begun with wild concord grapes. Would be fun to try a batch with real wine grapes. Thanks for any info

For those who plan to order from Harford Vineyard:
I have been told that they anticipate having grapes and juice delivered on/around 9/15 and they expect the California grape harvest to be the "best year ever."

Do you think its too late to order? I would love to try a batch using fresh grapes but have no idea where to purchase them from. Who are you buying from that ships? The picture of those grapes looks amazing!

I have only been making wine for a year and begun with wild concord grapes. Would be fun to try a batch with real wine grapes. Thanks for any info

Where are you located, @homesteader26 ?

For those who plan to order from Harford Vineyard:
I have been told that they anticipate having grapes and juice delivered on/around 9/15 and they expect the California grape harvest to be the "best year ever."

Is this for Lodi/Central Valley? They typically seem to be among the earliest.

Just got an update that the California juice and grapes ordered by 9/8 will be delivered this weekend.

Only Lodi/Central Valley grapes. I have to wait a couple more weeks for my Lanza grapes. Good thing - I'm not quite ready yet. :D

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back