Home winery concentrate question

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harmony24

Reaction score
Has anyone on this forum ever tried home wineries Cabernet Sauvignon or Pinot noir's concentrated juice wines?Are they any good ?

I have made Cellar Craft Premium California Reserve Pinot Noir. It's a 16 liters of a concentrate/juice blend and it's great.

I have tried the Merlot and the Chianti. Both finished a bit sweeter than I would have liked, but the taste is fine.

Doctorcad,

Next time mix your juice to 4.5 gallons, then throw their instructions in the trash and treat it as you would any other juice. It works better that way for me.

Thanks everyone for the replies. I'm definitely going to purchase some juice from these guys. Does anyone know approximately how much shipping and handling is in morgantown wv?

Yes, it cost more to ship more weight. But if I remember correctly the shipping wasn't that bad when I ordered 8 bottles last year. (Before I discovered that one of the owners has a "summer house or retirement home) less than 100 yards from me. Now I order and get him to bring it when he comes down.

That's awesome. I would probably order three to four containers at a time

Doctorcad,

Next time mix your juice to 4.5 gallons, then throw their instructions in the trash and treat it as you would any other juice. It works better that way for me.

I opened a chianti tonight. It is still a bit sweet. I added a pinch of acid blend to my wine glass and it made all the difference, the wine is a bit thin, but the sweetness is gone.

Need to open a bottle in the daytime and do an acid tritration to see what numbers are good.

Latest posts

Back