RJ Spagnols Heron White Zin top up

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Angie

Reaction score
I am in the process of making my first White Zin. I always add some extra water in the beginning to make sure that I have enough juice left over for topping up. I just racked, cleared, and sweeten and am quite abit short in the carboy. I lost over 2 litres to sludge. I did bottle the slurry and it is sitting in the fridge so I might get a cup or two of juice that clears but not enough to fill the carboy.

The only thing that I have at home right now is some red Zin...any thoughts on just topping a white zin with dry zin :a1

Since thats a lot of wine to add I would really think about down sizing this batch to a 5 gallon carboy. Im not a big fan of using extar water or using other wines to top up myself. If you like making wine just make the investment.

I have a carboy stuffed in the back of a closet somewhere -that might be a 5 gallon one. don't want to transfer back and forth too many times though.

Back