Fulchino Vineyard

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Way to go, Al! Save that first dollar and a picture of the couple.
smiley32.gif

never had a chance to take pictures...sold 27 bottles today, everytime i looked up there was another couple.......probably be slow next week cause of weather...but not bad

"Must" be a little magic in that sign! Best wishesand congrats on all you have accomplished!

whats the old saying? under promise, over deliver :) ( the sign and then the wine )

20100221_085802_first_wine_sign.JPG

now is that pathetic or what? :)

Al Fulchino said:
never had a chance to take pictures...sold 27 bottles today, everytime i looked up there was another couple.......probably be slow next week cause of weather...but not bad

Outstanding first day! I'm sure it made you feel good.
smiley32.gif

You sold 27 bottles with that sign out!

Your gonna need more wine once you get a real sign for sure.......
smiley36.gif

Al Fulchino said:
whats the old saying?  under promise, over deliver :)  ( the sign and then the wine )

20100221_085802_first_wine_sign.JPG

now is that pathetic or what? :)

Al Fulchino said:
funny story on the hand painted sign which is a black base and in yellow teh word "Wine" and my tel number

hahahahah..low budget...had a lady around the corner who is a artist call up and say for some wine i will paint you a sign

hows that for criticism hahahahha

actually i like my curmudgeon cheap sign :)

LOL..Maybe you should consider her offer. You're doing an outstanding job already and maybe her sign would enhance what you are already doing. Keep that sign you made and hang it in your shop with the first dollar you made. You have a lot to be proud of.
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

the sign is a bit of a joke..i grant that...bit its also a joke on the big wannabe competitor that i have mentioned before...it keeps them thinking i am just a little puddle while they are the ocean.....causes them to ignore me maybe one more year....i will get a better sign and i do laugh along with everyone here as to how pathetic it is...in a way i think people feel sorry for me... :)

Al Fulchino said:
the sign is a bit of a joke..i grant that...bit its also a joke on the big wannabe competitor that i have mentioned before...it keeps them thinking i am just a little puddle while they are the ocean.....causes them to ignore me maybe one more year....i will get a better sign and i do laugh along with everyone here as to how pathetic it is...in a way i think people feel sorry for me... :)

They haven't been in to buy a bottle or two yet? I would, if I was checking you out.

thanks....and guess who gave me a call today right after i woke up from a short nap....our own Rick rrawhide....great guy..has big plans....and you can tell from talking w him that he has a real passion about grape growing and wine....after hanging up w him i felt i had just had the pleasure of talking to a good neighbor over the fence

this week looks like a lot of snow....next week good for you? i can work into your schedule...thank you Dennis

Al,

Sorry if this has been asked and answered before but I am curious what size production operation are you at currently?

How many cases of 2008?

I am assuming your 2009 is still in barrels?

How many acres do you have planted and can you expand the vineyard if necessary?

Have you posted a price list yet?

2.5 acres
1400 vines..

a one man operation although starting last yr i was blessed by a very nice 70 yr old chap from mass wanting to start helping me and he has been a blessing

for 2008 i have only personal wine...nothing i can sell.....only a trickle ( 34 cases) is ready to sell right now...but i hope if all goes well to have 150-250 more cases as the yr progresses

the only items i have bottles is the Signature Blend Series...30$/bottle

no one flinched after tasting it..so that gave me comfort...and it also is why i am going sooooo slow w everything....i had a guy call yesterday for a future tasting and he said he used to make and sell beer for his small brewery..which he no longer operates...he said over and over again....go slow...stay small...and having had gas stations for 20 + yrs ( not any longer) that had c stores i watched as over and over again new brands of beverages..and cigarettes for example came to market.....most fail....i have to be careful to not be among them

as you can see i am pretty small.....my initial goal is to just pay the bills and take a small amount of cash for advancement

this upcoming year i expect my harvest will increase over last yr and that will permit more availability

Great Job Al.
I bet you're excited. I'm still looking for a way to buy or lease some land. Working with the local economic development program.
You'll get a nicer sign eventually. Maybe that artist can do something Old World style for you. For now though, it's simple and to the point with your current signage. :)
Me and Kat will have to make it up there this summer after the great thaw.
I'm hearing more snow today... I'm ready for summer, done had my fun in the snow for the year.

i just left a sort of high end mini super market called harvest
market....did it on a whim...the guy said we have nothing like this in
our wine dept...and he said he will sign us up as a vendor..i hope to
know by next week....it would be closer to a Whole Food style place but very very local....i think they have a a 3-5 stores..i really dont know...i did it on a whim...and looks like a hit..i even got to put on a suit today ;)

Back