Fulchino Vineyard

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Al,
Over the past couple of days I have read all 68 pages of this thread. WOW! You've done an incredible job!
smiley32.gif

I admire and respect your perseverance!

I've just checked the vinoshipper site and unfortunately they dont deliver to Maine
smiley13.gif
.... That's too bad as I was looking forward to ordering a couple bottles!

Oh well....My hubby's birthday is May 1st....I'm planning a get-away that weekend and would love to include a visit to your winery. (He would really enjoy that!)

What are your hours of operation?

Keep up the great work!

Mike - looking forward to your review

Maine Gal..just shoot me a note before you plan on arriving..this time of year we basically live there (the winery and greenhouses)...just dont expect much..we are small small small :) but you can expect much w the wine...deal?

lol.... " just dont expect much..we are small small small :) but you can expect
much w the wine...deal?"

It's a deal!
smiley1.gif

I recall in the thread there is some talk about staying small and focusing on great wine. Good to hear you are staying true to your heart.

You might be a small winery, but I think we all recognize it certainly is not "small" in the amount of work you have put into it. You've worked hard and have much to be proud of. Your place is beautiful.

Not to worry though....we're brand new to wine-making and are totally amazed with what we are learning.... I'm certain we will be in awe when we visit.

Looking forward to meeting you and enjoying some of your wine!

Blessings to you and yours!

20100311_124632_DSCN5725_Deskto.JPG

The wine arrived safe and sound. Will be opening 1 up this weekend to enjoy and the other will be put away to enjoy at a later date.

very kind of you Vig!

well they look the same as how i sent them.....now if for some reason you do not finish that first bottle when you open it....just leave it on your table w the cork back in or w another closure on it....then wait a few days and then finish it off and note how the wine matured even in those few days

i hope its all you expect

Hmmmm.

Obviously closer to the source than moi' !
smiley19.gif

vcasey said:
The wine arrived safe and sound. Will be opening 1 up this weekend to enjoy and the other will be put away to enjoy at a later date.

Direct shipping in MD looks unlikely to happen. We had a bill got to committee and the chair is opposed to it. The way the lobbyist work in MD, they have made significant contributions to politicians.
Needless to say, the industry bought the politicians out and they keep shelving the bill.
Currently wine producers have to sell to wholesalers and MD has two wholesalers. The wholesalers need to then sell to brick and mortar retailers.

So, a trip up there will be in the works eventually.

Dan your gonna have to befriend someone in ...oh....maybe West VA :)

Bob, yep i saw that.....hope you really enjoy it

Mike, yours was in IL this AM, but i cant get into the UPS system right now to see where it is....

you guys are my test subjects :)

If I hadn't had some of it already, I would be a bit uneasy about somebody calling me a "Test Subject"
smiley36.gif

I'm sure you guys will be OK though................................
smiley2.gif

Soon Al, you will be able to say you have sold wine "All over the Country".

So Sad - Texas is not one of the lucky States that vinoshipper will ship your wine to.
smiley19.gif

yep..i wanted to ship to george too..

i did something i have never done before..and certainly not the first thing we would all think of doing on a friday night...i did a wine tasting for3 hrs at one of the harvest markets.....it was not heavily travelled and it was during dinner time...but still sold 15 bottles...i did somewhere around 30 tastings...so it was a pretty good conversion rate....and the overall response was great..next week i do one of their busy stores...but again it will be at dinner time on a thursday....but i gotta start somewhere..and i am grateful that they are giving me a chance...they are *wonderful* to work with....and just super friendly to me

That's great, Al. What a neat way to get out, shake hands, and get your wine into the hands of the public.

You know, as a new wine drinker, I would be thrilled to attend a tasting to find out what is out there, and discover what I like.

I think you are on to something!
smiley20.gif

Yep, you need a Saturday from 4-5pm or something like that. You'll sell out!

Al Fulchino said:
yep..i wanted to ship to george too..i did something i have never done before..and certainly not the first thing we would all think of doing on a friday night...i did a wine tasting for3 hrs at one of the harvest markets.....it was not heavily travelled and it was during dinner time...but still sold 15 bottles...i did somewhere around 30 tastings...so it was a pretty good conversion rate....and the overall response was great..next week i do one of their busy stores...but again it will be at dinner time on a thursday....but i gotta start somewhere..and i am grateful that they are giving me a chance...they are *wonderful* to work with....and just super friendly to me

Mike, they asked me back for the Saturday before Easter 12-3pm...tough day for me because we will be planting..but i have to fit that in...

Maine Gal...yep it was a load of fun....sort of like an adventure

my problem now is we are getting heavy into the planting schedule and then april is vine pruning time so i wont be able to call and visit more places....i put a gravel driveway for parking in this week and some drainage for it today..never enough time in a day

Well noon is a little early to start drinking....... but hey its 5:00 somewhere right!

Take what you can get for now I guess and hopefully you can get some better times next time.

Now where is my Centare ???????
smiley36.gif

Al Fulchino said:
Mike, they asked me back for the Saturday before Easter 12-3pm...tough day for me because we will be planting..but i have to fit that in...Maine Gal...yep it was a load of fun....sort of like an adventure

i just looked it left Illinois

<table ="Table" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><t><tr ="odd"><td nowrap="nowrap" valign="top">HODGKINS,

IL,

US

</td>

<td nowrap="nowrap" valign="top">03/11/2010</td>

<td nowrap="nowrap" valign="top">1:10 P.M.</td>

<td valign="top">DEPARTURE SCAN

</td></tr></t></table>cant get to you fast enough for me
i sent some one in FLA 3 bottles and the person left their signature on a piece of paper in the door for the ups guy... :) needless to say the driver did not leave it...the person wont get it til monday

Latest posts

Back