Dry wine making kits

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, and not just for 24hrs. My favorite wine seller in France would always have a few bottles open for his customers to try and sometimes they had been opened for 2-3 days. Red wines only. I remember tasting a newly opened bottle compared to one that had been "breathed". The newly opened one tasted quite rough. The breathed one was smoothe and with so many aftertastes.
This is very interesting. Don't they worry about the wine oxidizing? When I open a bottle of wine, including commercial wines, it often gets oxidized within 2 days, even in the fridge. Is there something different about their wine that makes it less prone to oxidation?

This is very interesting. Don't they worry about the wine oxidizing? When I open a bottle of wine, including commercial wines, it often gets oxidized within 2 days, even in the fridge. Is there something different about their wine that makes it less prone to oxidation?
To be honest I don't know, and it is not just France. I was on a Greek island many years ago in a restaurant and chose a quite expensive wine as it was a special occasion. The waiter was very sorry but he really did not want to sell us that wine because it needed to be opened the day before. I went back to that restautant later in the week and ordered the wine for the following day. It was excellent.

I have also had wines in europe that I have sent back because they had started oxidising.

Latest posts

Back