Coconut wine?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like a lot of work my friends, good luck .
Think about another way anybase white wine, an Alcohol coconut extract from ( olive nation) and in the primary add one medium can of pineapple chunks,
Bring the abv up to 10% work the process all the way through to the finish allow it to clear (as per finial instructions).
Then bottle and let it sit first lest 1 year it will be just right.
Just my thoughts I’ve been down this road before, it works .

Sounds like a lot of work
Think about another way anybase white wine, an Alcohol coconut extract
its just going to be all coconut water add some fresh pineapple and sugar. Not a lot of work.
the whole idea is I have coconuts, lots of coconuts 🥥 🥥. They are filled with water (coconut water) with an SG of 1.020
cut the top off and take out the water. That’s why God gave me a machete.

no need to add water. No need to buy extract (in my opinion it isn’t really coconut but chemicals that taste like coconut)
no need to buy wine kit or grapes to add flavoring to.

im trying to figure out if indeed you CAN make coconut wine from coconut water. 🥥 🍷

Last edited:
There’s one way to find out…!
I’m getting close. I’ve got to get a few new carboys before I can start anything else.

gotta go shopping at carboys r us shortly. I have the mango finishing off (1 month to bottling, and the loquat batch is taking up everything I have right now.

i really didn’t think I would want to make coconut wine but now it’s like a challenge. I just put most of a fresh cut up pineapple in the freezer to add to the batch.

That’s why God gave me a machete.
Thanks for saying that while I was drinking wine!

im trying to figure out if indeed you CAN make coconut wine from coconut water.
Seriously? Haven't you been paying ANY attention to @BigDaveK? You can make wine from ANYTHING if you really want to. Except chaw. No one in their right mind would even consider something so vile. :p

If it were me? Collect your coconut water, exercising that machete!

Chaptalize to 1.085 to 1.095.

I have no idea if it needs it, but I'd add pectic enzyme. If it doesn't need it, no harm done, and if it does? It saves a step.

Add acid blend (or tartaric), yeast nutrient, and powdered tannin.

Since I have NO idea what this is gonna taste like, add no other fruit, especially pineapple. Ferment dry and clear it. Bulk age for 3-4 months, then taste it and figure where to go from there.

I have no idea if it needs it, but I'd add pectic enzyme. If it doesn't need it, no harm done, and if it does? It saves a step.

Add acid blend (or tartaric), yeast nutrient, and powdered tannin.

Since I have NO idea what this is gonna taste like, add no other fruit, especially pineapple. Ferment dry and clear it. Bulk age for 3-4 months, then taste it and figure where to go from there.
I was wondering about the pectin enzyme and nutrient. ok. No pineapple. Straight coconut water it is. I was just looking for another gallon jug to transfer it to. I’m all out.

and yeah what I meant to say was I was trying to figure out if you can make a “drinkable“ wine from coconut water.

Last edited:
I was wondering about the pectin enzyme and nutrient. ok. No pineapple. Straight coconut water it is. I was just looking for another gallon jug to transfer it to. I’m all out.
<eyes roll> GALLON JUG? Get a barrel (60 gallons, don't be a wuss!) and raid your neighbors' trees! We all know they are not using those coconuts and you need them!

<eyes roll> GALLON JUG? Get a barrel (60 gallons, don't be a wuss!) and raid your neighbors' trees! We all know they are not using those coconuts and you need them!
let’s see if one gallon is worth drinking. 🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴

the swale in front of my house still smells from where I poured out 2 gallons of Agave wine my Son in Law tried to ferment. (No his name isn’t Dave)

Latest posts

Back