Chilean Grapes

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anybody been given an update on when the grapes might come in?

When I spoke to Carrado's last Friday I was told they were expecting a shipment on May 1. My brother in law was told second week of may so either way right around the corner. :D

Who from? I am expecting juice next week but have not heard a word. I will be getting it from Pardo Grapes. I expected to hear from them by now. Web site it down.

Thinking of either another Syrah which is turning out to be one 0f my favs. or might try a malbec.

Doing a cab/merlot and a pinot noir myself.

I have been told in the past "May 1st" but have found that there are a lot of factors at play here that can delay delivery. I was just wondering what others were told.

Yeah I think at that point you just have to keep checking. Last year I didn't get an email notification like I did the previous year but I'll be watching out for them. ;)

If I pick up grapes, can I wait a day to crush? They will be stored in my basement...only temperature control is home thermostat---currently 70 F or so.

Spoke to Corrado's yesterday. They are now saying the second week in May. I knew that May 1st was a rather aggressive estimate so I am not surprised.

My thinking is since we are dealing with the federal government (customs and the FDA), it could be even further delayed.

That is perfectly fine with me. More time that I can spend on preparations.

Spoke to Corrado's yesterday. They are now saying the second week in May. I knew that May 1st was a rather aggressive estimate so I am not surprised.

My thinking is since we are dealing with the federal government (customs and the FDA), it could be even further delayed.

That is perfectly fine with me. More time that I can spend on preparations.

Ditto. Gives me more time to clear the decks. :h

Jim, you sure? I have three separate orders in to Harford and haven't received an email of potential pickup dates yet. I hope it's this weekend so my wife and I can have a lunch date.

Jim, you sure? I have three separate orders in to Harford and haven't received an email of potential pickup dates yet. I hope it's this weekend so my wife and I can have a lunch date.

Here's an excerpt from the email I received yesterday. Are you on their e-mail list?

All Chilean Grape and juice is scheduled to arrive later this week.

Pick up times are as follows:
Friday 10-5
Saturday 10-5
Sunday 10-5
Monday 12-5

If you are not able to make it during these times please call
443-495-1699 or email [email protected] to schedule an appointment.

Grape crushing services will be available on Friday from 10-12 and Saturday from 10-2. Please inform us in advance if you need your grape crushed and bring your containers to transfer must.

We will have plenty of White Labs liquid Malolactic Bacteria for sale as well as some liquid yeast.

Although grape & juice is no longer available via web orders, we have some extra grape available
6 lugs Cabernet Sauvignon
8 lugs Carmenere
13 lugs Malbec &
5 lugs Syrah

We will also have some extra juice for sale at the vineyard on a first come first serve basis.

As always we look forward to seeing our many loyal wine making customers.

The Mooney Family

Nope, never got it. I gave my email address when I ordered the grapes and got an update back at the end of March. Glad I asked. Now my wife and I can plan our escape! Maybe I should email them to let them know I never got an update. Also want to know what the price is this year to destem and crush grapes. I just need one fermenting size bucket for two lugs, right?

Thanks for the info, Jim!

Update: emailed Teresa. Wasn't sure why I didn't get the email, but I was on the list. Crush is $25 per order, not lug, so I ordered a lug of Malbec to go with the Cab Sauv and Merlot grapes plus the Merlot bucket. Starting to get excited. Interested to taste the Pinot Grigio juice as well.

Last edited:
Folks,

Never count your grapes until they are loaded on your truck. I assume that they do not already have the grapes in stock. Anything can SNAFU this.

Latest posts

Back