Chilean Grapes

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Viognier juice

Will the SG readings be the same as the red wine juices for primary and secondary fermentation

Okay. Couldn't wait for the grapes so I picked up 4 pails of Syrah juice on Sunday. Pitched the BM4X4 last night and still waiting for it to kick off. Guess I'll have to try a tweak or two later on but I just couldn't wait. :d

Called Corrado's yesterday. They said that the Chilean grapes will arrive for the weekend, but when I asked when exactly they would show up they could not say for certain....

Stay Tuned!

Called again at lunch time yesterday. The new is that the grapes have cleared customs. I am putting a lit candle in the window in hopes that they will arrive by Saturday morning!

Not too sire, but the grapes were clean and plump. Still need to get the numbers, but I think that this is good fruit.

We had fun. My bro and I.

Last edited:
my numbers

I did an 80/20 cab/merlot.. ta is .56, initial brick is 25%. Potential A/V is 15.1%

Also did a pure pinot noir.. tags is .575, brix is 26%, with potential a.b.v. of 15.9%.

I made no adjustments and will pitch yeast tomorrow.

These grapes make my Hungarian heart skip a beat. High sugar and acid higher than one would expect.

Worth the wait and price!

I did an 80/20 cab/merlot.. ta is .56, initial brick is 25%. Potential A/V is 15.1%

Also did a pure pinot noir.. tags is .575, brix is 26%, with potential a.b.v. of 15.9%.

I made no adjustments and will pitch yeast tomorrow.

These grapes make my Hungarian heart skip a beat. High sugar and acid higher than one would expect.

Worth the wait and price!

Curious. You don't mention the pH. Is that something you only worry about after fermentation to adjust sulfite levels?

Not trying to be a smart a**, just trying to learn. I'm thinking I spend too much time worrying about my pH levels.

Latest posts

Back