WineXpert California Sauvignon Blanc Rosé

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just pulled the trigger on this. I gave up on HBS. Just kept getting the run around as to when they would get the kit and got tired of it. Multiple emails, we forgot, its on order....... You would think having at least one pre-sold would be a no brainer. FVW sent out their 13% off anniversary sale notice and I pounced. I am going to add the entire F-Pack upfront and ferment to dry and back sweeten just a tad afterwards. :db

with that coupon the price is not bad for around $108

Mine shipped yesterday! :db

Should arrive either tomorrow or Thursday. I am pitching the yeast the day it arrives trying to play catchup to youse guys. Still no word from HBS as to any ETA on theirs. Will be just a little fun to say too late, couldn't wait anymore...... :pee

You'll be close, I pitched yeast on mine this past weekend, so you're not too far behind....
Let the race begin....::

You'll be close, I pitched yeast on mine this past weekend, so you're not too far behind....
Let the race begin....::

I'm about to move to clearing, but you'll probably still bottle before me! :)

I really like the QA23, nice and quiet fermentation.
PH is now ~3.07 and the must temp ~64F.
Basement temp in the low 60s.

88435a1af71d69054a9b4b66205f1ad2.jpg

Tonight, tonight, it all begins tonight........

IMG_1078.jpg

I'm stabilizing tonight.

@geek: trying to remember to get final and post f-pack SG's to you.

How long you leave your whites in the so-called "secondary"?

I assume you transferred to a carboy with air lock and don't care about headspace at that point.

How long you leave your whites in the so-called "secondary"?

I assume you transferred to a carboy with air lock and don't care about headspace at that point.

It was in there about two weeks. I go 2-3 with most wines, depending on what the SG is when coming out of primary.

BTW: SG before f-pack was 0.992, after was 0.998. Keep in mind, I put more than half of it in primary. Even at 0.998, I still get a slightly off-dry sense. Tasted both before and after f-pack. Before, its pretty much an Eclipse SB.

Pitched BA11 this afternoon on mine. :db

Added the entire F-Pack up front. May or may NOT back sweeten when finished. Kinda leaning towards dry ATM. I added about 1 cup simple syrup to bump up starting SG to ~1.093 which would put it just South of 13% ABV. Seems dark right now so kinda excited to see how this clears and turns into a Rose!

Did anyone else notice that this Kit is listed as 16L but.....

Its actually 15L of juice plus a 1L F-Pack?

Hard to know how that count these things.

Pitched BA11 this afternoon on mine. :db

Added the entire F-Pack up front. May or may NOT back sweeten when finished. Kinda leaning towards dry ATM. I added about 1 cup simple syrup to bump up starting SG to ~1.093 which would put it just South of 13% ABV. Seems dark right now so kinda excited to see how this clears and turns into a Rose!

I took a peek at mine this morning and it's clearing quickly. I agree with you - it is dark.

Latest posts

Back