WineXpert California Sauvignon Blanc Rosé

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thx. Though i would not say 24oz is small. If I do get this kit, i may put 1/2 in up front

cheers

That is exactly my plan. The Aussie Grenache Rose they put out was a little light - I put half the f-pack in primary and still added a few cups of sugar to get to 1.084, IIRC. That's a great wine though - I'm hoping this one proves to be the same.

I'm waiting for my call on the April LE kit. If they still have some Rose left at that time, i will pull the trigger. Been a very expensive few weeks.

thx and cheers

Just kicked this bad boy off. Swapped out the EC-1118 for D47 and bumped up the SG to 1.086. :db

What was starting SG? I am told that this kit will arrive next week in TX. Looks like a pretty big difference in price even with shipping between my two possible choices to purchase. A certain LHBS is just not as competitive as they once were.

Just kicked this bad boy off. Swapped out the EC-1118 for D47 and bumped up the SG to 1.086. :db

Just back from the wine store with the Fortitude and LE Rose in hand. I hate anyone and everyone that has suggested in the past or will suggest a kit in the future. Just shoot me now and save my wife the trouble.

cheers

Avg 12 kits per year for closing in on 30 years. Throw in the beer and cider and I say its way beyond addiction. We should start a support group. Who has a location with an open wine bar?

cheers

I put about half the f-pack into the primary. I want a bit of sweetness as well, but just a hint.

Very clean and quiet ferment so far with the D47. A taste last night showed a nice crispness (despite the SG still being above 1.050), with notes of strawberry and grapefruit.

Jim,

can you post the final gravity it goes to and then also post the gravity after the addition of some of the f-pack after fermentation.
Thanks.

Jim,

can you post the final gravity it goes to and then also post the gravity after the addition of some of the f-pack after fermentation.
Thanks.

I will try to remember that. I'm good about recording the final SG after fermentation, but tend to fail miserably when remembering to jot down SG after any sweetening. :?

How is the color?

Interestingly, the color on this one comes from the f-pack - half of which I put in the primary. So its a very, very light pink right now.

Pretty much a sauvignon blanc kit with food coloring. :)

But it is tasting very good so far.

Interesting. Still waiting for the place close to me to with the "Crazy Eddy" prices to get this in stock. FVW has it but ~$30 higher.

Interesting. Still waiting for the place close to me to with the "Crazy Eddy" prices to get this in stock. FVW has it but ~$30 higher.

I'll have to remember to taste the f-pack when I put the rest of it in. I remember thinking it looked just like grape concentrate.

Back