WineXpert California Sauvignon Blanc Rosé

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I emailed them last week asking when they were going to get this and they sent back an apology email that they had "forgot" to order it and would order it last week. I have subscribed to their email notification system when it comes in stock but still looks to not be here. Why don't you email them as well and see what they tell you. Perhaps we can light a fire under their arses.......

Did you get it? It still shows out of stock on their site.

I emailed them last week asking when they were going to get this and they sent back an apology email that they had "forgot" to order it and would order it last week. I have subscribed to their email notification system when it comes in stock but still looks to not be here. Why don't you email them as well and see what they tell you. Perhaps we can light a fire under their arses.......

I was away for the last 10 days (oh...what a nice vacation...lol) but I know I had emailed them and also subscribed to the automatic email notification, but still nothing.....:ft

I think I am definitely going to LP and order this kit, a good retailer shouldn't have to struggle to get a "popular" kit on their lineup.

I just emailed them again and asked how much longer, I need to get going on this as it supposed to be ready for this Summer and not NEXT Summer!

So, how quickly do you guys think you can drink this once you go through the process and bottle? (if you go by instructions given)

So, how quickly do you guys think you can drink this once you go through the process and bottle? (if you go by instructions given)

Everyone follows a different process, but I usually go dry on an open bucket, then transfer and leave undisturbed for a couple days (more like 3 days), and then stabilize, fining agent and back sweeten if needed.

Jim seems to leave his in secondary for a much longer time...lol

Right...I'm just wondering if I pull the trigger on this now and make it, if a bottle of it would be ready to take with me on vacation in September.

Right...I'm just wondering if I pull the trigger on this now and make it, if a bottle of it would be ready to take with me on vacation in September.

September is 5 months from now, for me it would be good. I bet this wine would taste very nice at 3 months and obviously better at 6 and more.

Pull the trigger...!! :h

I think you'd be fine. To me, they are pretty good early, but I can taste the sorbate for quite a while. I drink at 4-6 months, but do so sparingly. At a year, the gloves (and corks) are off. :dg

Well, just starting this kit now....the PH, in the ~3.34 seems to be a bit lower compared to other whites...so I may do it per instructions..

EDIT:
PH ~3.34
SG ~1.084

Added just a tiny bit of f-pack up front. The content of the f-pack seems to me a very red grape juice concentrate, not artificial flavoring.

Pitching QA23 yeast soon.

Last edited:
I just pulled the trigger on this. I gave up on HBS. Just kept getting the run around as to when they would get the kit and got tired of it. Multiple emails, we forgot, its on order....... You would think having at least one pre-sold would be a no brainer. FVW sent out their 13% off anniversary sale notice and I pounced. I am going to add the entire F-Pack upfront and ferment to dry and back sweeten just a tad afterwards. :db

Back