WineXpert California Sauvignon Blanc Rosé

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hoping that it looks more like a Rose when your only looking at 750ml of it in a bottle or 100ml in a glass. Perhaps should not have added so much of the f-pack but you would think that they got the color down before hand through several bench trails. At least the juice is fresh. Mine was packaged only 2 months ago.

HBS emailed me that they had gotten this in stock. Too late!

Hoping that it looks more like a Rose when your only looking at 750ml of it in a bottle or 100ml in a glass.

That was my thinking as well. I 've only done one other Rose, and don't recall what it looked like early on.

Did anyone else notice that this Kit is listed as 16L but.....

Its actually 15L of juice plus a 1L F-Pack?

Hard to know how that count these things.

Wow, really?
I didn't measure the contents of the juice bag but based on the amount of spring water used I thought/think it is just around 16L of juice.....

I just happened to look at the line in my bucket before going to warm up a gallon of water to add to it and it was sitting right on the 15L mark but the box is clearly marked as 16L. I guess juice is juice! LOL

Good observation....:br

I guess they count the f-pack as part of the juice.....:ft

Hoping that it looks more like a Rose when your only looking at 750ml of it in a bottle or 100ml in a glass. Perhaps should not have added so much of the f-pack but you would think that they got the color down before hand through several bench trails.

I guess you won't have a Rose...Cool Aid may be an option later... :)

Just had an idea, if this does turn out to be on the dark side I will just top up with a standard California Sauv Blanc. That will help to lighten it up a bit. I had thought about using an inexpensive California Rose' but this makes more sense I think.

Just had an idea, if this does turn out to be on the dark side I will just top up with a standard California Sauv Blanc. That will help to lighten it up a bit. I had thought about using an inexpensive California Rose' but this makes more sense I think.

Great minds...

I topped up with Eclipse SB.

Jim, you said this wine tasted just like the Eclipse SB before you added the remainder of the f-pack?
I wonder if this kit is really the same exact juice, in less qty, but with the added f-pack in the kit.

Jim, you said this wine tasted just like the Eclipse SB before you added the remainder of the f-pack?
I wonder if this kit is really the same exact juice, in less qty, but with the added f-pack in the kit.

I thought the similarity was striking. Although the Eclipse is NZ and this claims to be California.

Mine is going nicely, gravity was down to ~1.020 this morning, so racking time coming tomorrow probably into 'secondary'. :h

Looking at mine again tonight, it is really dark, and almost looks oxidized. I'll have to pull a glass and see what a smaller quantity looks like.

If it don't turn out like this......

I may have to raise a stink. Which I have never done before!

Sauv_Blanc_Rose__14047.1457366920.1280.1280.jpg

Mine is around 0.994 and being racked to carboy for a resting time of a couple weeks and then I will stabilize.

BTW - checked PH and is ~2.83, kind of low but assume it will go in the 3.2x after f-pack.

Back