BOGO! BOGO! Coastal white - no limit!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm curious, did you follow the Kit instructions exactly or make any changes. Mine are on order and since I will have two I was thinking of experimenting.:D

I did not make any changes. At first there was a somewhat pronounced citrus taste. A very good (slight) grapefruit. Now it still has a hint of citrus but even better. This time I will try raisins and oak at least on one batch.

I had purchased a BOGO from Midwest through the website and arranged to pick it up this weekend. When I called today they said they hadn't set the two kits aside for me and they were all out.

He said when a purchase is made they don't set those aside. When someone comes in for pick up they just get them off the shelf. I glad I called. Now, I'll have to call next week to see if they have them in.

I hope this works out.

so they told you SOL or did they offer you another kit BOGO since when you placed the order, it was in stock?

so they told you SOL or did they offer you another kit BOGO since when you placed the order, it was in stock?

It was in stock when I placed the order on line. They recommended that I should call back on Wednesday when the next shipment comes in. If they don't set a couple aside for me then, I'll request other options.

I did not make any changes. At first there was a somewhat pronounced citrus taste. A very good (slight) grapefruit. Now it still has a hint of citrus but even better. This time I will try raisins and oak at least on one batch.

Oak and raisins, exactly what I was thinking and maybe some additional sugar.:b

It was in stock when I placed the order on line. They recommended that I should call back on Wednesday when the next shipment comes in. If they don't set a couple aside for me then, I'll request other options.

They're good guys. They'll honor it.

Again, for those who missed out, in the future when you see it, buy it! If you snooze for even one day, you will be out of luck.

They have them back in stock but are no longer offering the buy one get one.

carl

I went in yesterday and picked up my two white wine kits! They seem to have a pallet full of them in stock!

OK, I am officially in. Picked up my kit yesterday and started it this morning. Now to figure out how to win this thing! The biggest winner will not be the winemaker, it will be the judge! I hope they like sweet fruity wine.

OK, I am officially in. Picked up my kit yesterday and started it this morning. Now to figure out how to win this thing! The biggest winner will not be the winemaker, it will be the judge! I hope they like sweet fruity wine.

yeah for sure! hahaha make sure you jump in on the other thread where we are posting pics and such

yeah for sure! hahaha make sure you jump in on the other thread where we are posting pics and such
See what happens when you are drinking? I thought I was on the other thread!:slp

I added a bit of untoasted American oak to one of mine. Results forthcoming!

Yes. DO IT. 4 oz. medium toast in primary.

Yes I like to oak in the primary but my first batch of Coastal White is almost ready to go from the primary to the secondary in fact if I don't do it tonight I will definitely rack it over tomorrow so maybe the next batch Oak & Raisins what do you think?? :D

One other thought -

I have always wondered about starting S.G. The range they specify on the instructions is always fairly large. I understand why they would want to take this approach, but I am a detail oriented guy.

Since quite a few of us are doing this wine at the moment - what was your starting S.G.?

I oaked with 1 cup light toast American chips, and added light 16 oz green raisins

The neighbors love it. I am stuck on reds.

One other thought -

I have always wondered about starting S.G. The range they specify on the instructions is always fairly large. I understand why they would want to take this approach, but I am a detail oriented guy.

Since quite a few of us are doing this wine at the moment - what was your starting S.G.?
I think the range quoted is for all of their wine kits. The bold reds would be higher while the lighter whites would be lower. My Coastal white started at 1.085

Latest posts

Back