Beet is Bottled :)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xandra

Reaction score
24 bottles of beet wine. Now I've got 2 empty carboys! And 2 empty buckets! So... when I return from FLETC, I'll start up a batch of Skeeter Pee. Gotta do something with all the clear bottles I've collected, right? *smile*

The tip for dunking the bottles & capsules into boiling water to shrink them on worked perfectly. Thanks!!

My only concern with this batch is that I may not have degassed enough. I degassed a lot, but perhaps I should have done more. I guess only time will tell, no corks popped yet over the last 2 days. But the 16 or so leftover ounces that I put into a soda bottle fizzes pretty good when I shake it up. Oddly enough, though, there's been no fizzy mouth feel when I've sampled. That's why I "hope" it's degassed enough.

Time will tell, also, if I let it age enough before bottling. We'll see how much sediment drops throughout the next year... First try, tweaked recipe, no chemicals and newbie skills. So I'm not unhappy thus far, have learned a lot and am eager to get back and get started on something new! The pineapple and rhubarb are still clearing, so at least getting this batch done helped with my impatience ;)

Here's the pic:

IMAG0201.jpg

Very nice looking wine, Xandra. What was the final SG? I am wondering if the wine is dry, off dry or sweet. How do you intend to enjoy this? i.e. with food, snacks, cheese, etc. Good work!

Yes, I agree with Rocky. I opened this to see if there was a pic, wanting to know what it looked like. It looks great. Does it taste like beets or something else?

I dont care for beets in any fashion are form... but hands down, that is a gorgeous wine....congrats...Makes you feel all fuzzy , when you bottle..HUH.

Very nice looking wine, Xandra. What was the final SG? I am wondering if the wine is dry, off dry or sweet. How do you intend to enjoy this? i.e. with food, snacks, cheese, etc. Good work!

Thanks guys! 1.090 down to 1.000, on SG. Don't know what the wine will go best with... will have to make multiple experiments! I thought I might like it better if it was backsweetened, but come to find out I like it as is. It's not super dry, one can taste a hint of the clove, ginger and orange spices. Doesn't taste like beets, if you didn't know it was beet wine you wouldn't think it is. Knowing it is, though, you can get a hint of that flavor as well.

Gonna find out just how warm and fuzzy I feel after a few samples here in a bit, after I return from the (ugh) dentist. Hehehe ;)

Latest posts

Back