WineXpert started first wine kit (Argentine Malbec) - video?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nico,

So did you taste the wine when you were bottling it and do you have a report for us?

- Jim

Thanks guys for the compliments, I hope the videos are useful!

I filmed with a point-and-shoot camera, the Canon SD750, it's a great deal right now!

The carboy is filled, with the Mosti Mondiale Meglioli Amarone... I just need to degas a little more (next episode) and then we'll move on to bottling. I actually need to do this soon because I am actually moving to California in the next couple of weeks
smiley16.gif

I did taste the wine... of course I had to cork one bottle just to uncork it that night, decanted it for a few hours and drank. I was pleasantly surprised, great body overall (which has been my biggest impression), and good balance. A little fruity, but I think this is something that will mellow as it ages in the bottle.

Thanks again all for viewing and for the support!

-Nico

@Joan... haha, of course!!!
smiley36.gif

Very proudly, she graduates med-school (UTSW Med) and will start her internal medicine residency in Sacramento, CA (UC Davis Medical). We just visited and found our home and we'll start our road-trip in a couple of weeks. Being close to UC Davis (winemaking) and wine country is this super perk!
smiley16.gif

-Nico

Fantastic!!!! Congratulations, Steph!!! You rock! Talk about an accomplishment!!

Congratulations on your new home!! Does this mean your wonderful labels will change?

hey Joan, I showed your comments to Stephany, she was definitely happy!

Our labels will change, but slightly. I'm curious what "townhouse series" will change to... "SacTown Series"? Maybe a different logo, outline of a house?

Latest posts

Back