Oops- guess the goblins are after me!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bearpaw8491

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was supposed to add the remaining 10tsp of nutrient at S/G 1.073 but totally forgot -ugh!:m
S/G this morning is 1.012. Would you recommend adding the full remaining dose of nutrient at this point; 1/2 dose, or just let it ride and take corrective action later if the fermentation sticks at >.0990?

Thanks in advance and :hh
‘Paw
“Of all the things I’ve lost in my life, I think I miss my mind the most”!🙃

Thanks Guys,
It's my traditional muscadine wine (one of Bryan's favorites since he moved South! 🤣). I used Lalvin RC-212 which has medium nutritional needs. The fermentation is slowing a little but still dropped from 1.052 to 1.012 overnight. I was a little concerned about feeding "bugs"if I dosed now.
I plan to "splash" rack from primary to 54L demi tomorrow. Maybe the splash will add a little "umph". Think a 1/4 dose would be too much at racking?

Thanks Guys,
It's my traditional muscadine wine (one of Bryan's favorites since he moved South! 🤣). I used Lalvin RC-212 which has medium nutritional needs. The fermentation is slowing a little but still dropped from 1.052 to 1.012 overnight. I was a little concerned about feeding "bugs"if I dosed now.
I plan to "splash" rack from primary to 54L demi tomorrow. Maybe the splash will add a little "umph". Think a 1/4 dose would be too much at racking?
RC-212 is known to produce H2S, so I'd add some nutrient. H2S is something to avoid.

Latest posts

Back