Mosti Mondiale Mosti Mondiale

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have placed my first order for these kits. I have ordered several of the all juice kits and several of the Renaissance kits based on kits that will augment my line and not overlap. I have also ordered the Lambrusco's and Port. If you have a request for a certain kit, please let me know and I will get it added to my order. Here is a link to their site:

Mosti Mondiale

I hope to have the kits in by December 18th.Edited by: geocorn

Depending on how my Port turns out George i may want to try one of their Port kits

Amarone, Port
Amarone, Port

hmmmm.........may have to get both......

No, wait! I'm not buying any more equipment, forgot about that.....
smiley3.gif

I discovered the secret to the Amarone's popularity.....

14.5% !

smiley36.gif

The initial shipment of these kits are on order and I have them posted on the site. You can see them on the online catalog page:

Online Catalog

I already have an order for the Port and the Chianti with raisins.

George,

Do I need any special equiptment for these kits? Do they include everything I would need, like yeast, clarifying, etc? I have only made a few kits myself, would I be able to figure it out?

Thanks--I may be calling you!!

Francie

They are complete and use the same equipment as the Winexpert kits. The All Juice kits come with a fermenting bucket. Unfortunately, it does not have a spigot, but if you have a drill, we can fix that!

Wonderful, now I need to decide..........uh.......I cannot decide!!! Guess I may have to get one and convince my friend to get another and we can split!!!

Francie

Goldwinger,

I will set an Amarone aside for you. Thanks for letting me know. As fast as they are moving, it looks like another order before the end of the month.
smiley32.gif

To anyone interested, let me know if there is a certain MM kit you want and I will put it on the next order.

It sounds like I have a decision to make. I want to do a really robust red for my next kit. The amarone sounds like just the ticket. The question is: MM or WE? Anyone make the ME amarone? How was it.

Given my limitations on time, carboy storage space, and such, I plan to only do the top-of-the-line kits (after the 10 L R. J. Spanols Merlot that is clarifying now - bought from my local guy). After the big red, a Chardonnay (whats this about bananas?). Then another big - but different - red.

That will probably be it until the fall. Living outside of Memphis, with no basement, summer fermentation temperatures would be ~80F, which I feel is too high. I'd like to ferment in the winter months, when I can regulate the temperature in the winery (guest bathroom) at 65 - 75 F.

PeterZ:

I think George claimed the WE Amarone was the number on favorite at his bottling party - at least for reds. I plan to start mine around Christmas. I'd be interested in anyone's opinion on the Mondiale Amarone!
Also, if you dig through old forums, there are a number of ways you can keep temperatures down during the process. I have not paid close attention to these, since it is not a problem for me in my basement.

Peter Z

I just tasted my friends WE Amarone which they bottled two weeks ago (I talked her into opening a bottle since I couldn't resist!) and even at two weeks, it was wonderful. So wonderful in fact, that she is going to start another kit. I told her I would order the Mosti from George and we could compare
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
!!

Latest posts

Back