Acidity

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry for late response. As I said to the others the whole internet of my country was down. I had no access to internet.
I was told that the wine which is made by concentrate would be thin. I thought that if I handle the acidity level of my wine then it wouldn't be thin anymore. (Although I needed acid blends for some recipes which I found on Jack Keller's site)

Wine from concentrate will be "thinner" than wine made from grapes. I think the "thickness" comes from the grape skins. But, for your first batch, you should just try it without adding too much extra stuff. I don't think more acid will help you. Can you obtain real grapes? You would be better off making a fruit pack out of 1 or 2 kg of crushed grapes.

It very well may be thin. But in my opinion, you cannot fix "thin" with acid. Perhaps the opposite, that is, adding acid to a thin wine will probably make it seem thinner. The usual suggestions to fix the body (thinness) are adding tannins and glycerine. Others may chime in with more suggestions.

Wine from concentrate will be "thinner" than wine made from grapes. I think the "thickness" comes from the grape skins. But, for your first batch, you should just try it without adding too much extra stuff. I don't think more acid will help you. Can you obtain real grapes? You would be better off making a fruit pack out of 1 or 2 kg of crushed grapes.
Actually I maid my last batch with real grapes. Now I want to try it with concentrate. Thanks for your helping

It very well may be thin. But in my opinion, you cannot fix "thin" with acid. Perhaps the opposite, that is, adding acid to a thin wine will probably make it seem thinner. The usual suggestions to fix the body (thinness) are adding tannins and glycerine. Others may chime in with more suggestions.
Well. Can you define me "thin wine" as an expert? And also can you tell me how much glycerin I should use in 5 gallon of wine. (Can I use the coconut oil instead of glycerin? Or is there anything like that which would be useful?)
Also I was told that one glass of strong tea is suitable for 5 gallon (instead of tannin) Is that right?

Not sure I can say as "an expert," but to me thin wine has a watery mouthfeel; it is not very viscous.

Glycerin dosages can be up to ~0.5% by volume, so you could add something like 100 ml to 5 gallons (~19 liters). I don't know about coconut oil. If you have ready access to that, you could give it a try with anything, say, add it to water and compare with and without.

Not sure I can say as "an expert," but to me thin wine has a watery mouthfeel; it is not very viscous.

Glycerin dosages can be up to ~0.5% by volume, so you could add something like 100 ml to 5 gallons (~19 liters). I don't know about coconut oil. If you have ready access to that, you could give it a try with anything, say, add it to water and compare with and without.
Thank you sir for your complete answer

Latest posts

Back