WINTER WONDERLAND

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nw. Your pictures are so great. By any chance do you get Birds and Blooms Magazine. I love looking and reading about everyones birding and growing experiences. If you don't get it, I think you would enjoy it.

And your pictures show such a variety of wildlife......Wish I could be snapping away with you and enjoying some wine at the same time!!!

Ramona

Thanks Ramona....I have received that magazine... liked it so much I have kept all the issues....they never go out of date.

Winters are long...so bird watching is fun...finally I have a camera that will capture them...nice to get a real good look at them in the photos....They are flying colors.

bovinewines said:
Stop it Northern...I'm getting any itchy mouse finger over here! I've been looking for a new camera and you've sold me!

These are great!

Are you using the lense that came with it or did you also get a zoom lense?

Bovine....Glad you like the pix....It is a Sony Cyber Shot DSC H/7...I got it from the DELL site....

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?sku=a0978132&cs=19&c=us&l=en&dgc=SS&cid=25682&lid=585552

The neighbor had an older model and I loved what he could do with it. I just have the basic camera...was in the price range I wanted to spend.....no lenses...just the basic camera......8.1 mega pixels and a 15X zoom...the neat feature is when you view your photos you can retouch them and use an internal zoom up to 75X...you can keep the 8 M quality and then save the new photo....I still have so much to learn.

There is a Talk Forum that I read before and while I waited for my camera...the photos people take are just awesome....Real inspiration...

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/forum.asp?forum=1009

BTW...all the photos are taken through the window...double pane...I did wash them last fall, but they aren't the cleanest....anxious to open them and get some more shots.....then comes flower season.
smiley4.gif

Edited by: Northern Winos

Thiswas the breakfast table this morning.

100_1463.jpg

I have had 8 cardinals at the other feeder but I haven't been able to get a picture of them. The chase each other off before I can get a picture. My camera isn't as good as your's either NW.
smiley9.gif

You sure stop those birds in mid-flight without a blur...I want to try that. In one of the last photos I posted above there is a lone male Gross Beak on a branch...there is a Red Poll inflight....he is just a blurr...:>(

Are those Pine Gross Beaks????

Is the snow drifting down your way???

HAY! were did the little flasher come from,like that dude ,hes cool///
smiley3.gif

joe, just click on him with the right mouse button and select copy. Then paste it onto your desktop and you can use him when you want. Wade gets them from Smiley Central.

Yes NW it sure is. It has really slowed the deer hunting down. New Year day we had snow and a 40 mph wind driving it.
I wish I could take that picture when the sun gets around there. But as the day goes on the crowd gets smaller. Unless there is a storm come and then the sun is out at all. I'm still going to try to get a picture of the cardinals for you.

Alright NW does that make it a Sunlight or a Northern Dog?
Nice picture though, although I suspect it wasn't yours(I noticed an AP symbol in the corner)
smiley36.gif

No it wasn't mine, a freind sent it too me, its called a fire rainbow. I didn't catch the AP symbol so thanks to them this great picture.

Today was the day we decided it was time to get he spear house out onto the ice and get some fishing [spear fishing] in...

This looks like the spot on the GPS....

thisisitSmall.jpg

Drill some holes...saw and then pull out the ice chunks...

drillandsawSmall.jpg

iceblockSmall.jpg
[
Then back the house over the hole...

gettingcloseSmall.jpg

Let the house down...

yesSmall.jpg

The spearing hole...

theholeSmall.jpg

The fish came forth...many small Northern Pike came through the hole...

morefishSmall.jpg

fishSmall-1.jpg

We didn't spear any today...they seemed a bit too small...saw hundreds of nice sunfish...maybe will try to angle some tomorrow...

Then check on the neighbors in their deluxe fishouse...

deluxSmall.jpg

The galley was stocked....

gallySmall.jpg

The friends arrived...

morefolksSmall.jpg
youngSmall-1.jpg

A nice day at the lake...but, no fish...

niteSmall.jpg

Life is Good!!!

Gone_fishing_green.jpg

Edited by: Northern Winos

NW,

Really great pictures and looks like you are having so much fun there. Is that a pike checking out the bait. I know you are loving your camera. I love you pictures...keep them coming!!!

Ramona

great pictures nw,still seam s a bit to cold for me,never saw how a ice house went down,excellent,must be beautifull up there in the summer,no dought
smiley16.gif

Back