Wild plum problems and solutions.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arne

Reaction score
Made a batch of wild plum a few years ago. It never did clear and always had kind of a funny smell. Foreward to last year, my daughter brought a bag of wild plums. Didn't think there was quite enough so added some pie cherries I had in the freezer. Stuff cleared quite nice, came out with a nice light red color. Tastes great and should go in bottles sometime soon. This year got another batch from my daughter. Fermented them alone and got the same thing I got the first time. Found a pkg of superkleer I bought a long time ago. Racked the plum, threw the superkleer in the recieving carboy part way thru. Racked the other carboy of plum and while doing that I looked down the worktable and thought to myself (what is the carboy with all the lees in the bottom of it?) The first plum was already clearing up. Probably had 3/4 inch of lees in 10 minutes. Will see how it goes and keep this updated. I have never used the superkleer so was really suprised to see it going to town so fast. Think I'll go check on it, will keep you informed. Arne.

Latest posts

Back