White film in Better Bottle

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RotGut76

Reaction score
I had My better bottle carboy sitting for a few days with just water and K-meta in it. Now the bottom has a transparent white film. A brush will not take it off. Is it still safe to use this carboy? it's been scrubbed and cleaned out many times since the film was discovered.

I'm guessin, but it is probably ok. Think I would try some of my worst wine and let it sit for a few days. See if it comes off, if not it mite just be a discoloration of the plastic. Maybe shoot a email to the manufacturer and see what they say. Good luck with it, Arne.

I'm guessin, but it is probably ok. Think I would try some of my worst wine and let it sit for a few days. See if it comes off, if not it mite just be a discoloration of the plastic. Maybe shoot a email to the manufacturer and see what they say. Good luck with it, Arne.

They (the manufacturer) have strong warnings against leaving chemicals of any kind in the Better Bottles for an extended amount of time. I'm sure this is the reason. I would not worry about it and continue to use.

Latest posts

Back