What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm looking for a great recipe for Cantonese style roast turkey. I've done Cantonese style chicken and duck. I could increase the Cantonese chicken marinade to deal with a small 12 lb turkey i.e. tamari, sesame oil, 5 spice, unsalted chicken stock, garlic and powdered ginger (or not) with or without honey with or without wine e.g. I was thinking sour cherry raspberry wine and/or russet. Any ideas?

Pizzas last night. One of ours guests is gluten intolerant so I made some doughs with Caputo Fioreglut flour. It made a good pizza. Everyone liked it and I was able to stretch it out. Definitely will use again. View attachment 111471
I used to use that all the time for my Son with celiac. I tried the King Arthur GF pizza flour once, and he loved the flavor. The main thing for me when making it is having to limit the total carbohydrates to a reasonable level since he's a Type 1 diabetic as well. I tend to make a wet dough that I press into an 8" pizza dish (maybe 1/2" sides so not deep dish) and cook it on the baking steel in the oven at 500*F.

https://www.kingarthurbaking.com/gluten-free-pizza-flour

I can only get the Flioreglut at Wegmans around here, the KA flour is in about every grocery store and $5 less for the same amount. It hasn't bugged his intestinal tract either, which is the real test.

rotisserie_lamb.jpg

Rotisserie leg of lamb... stuffed with a herb and garlic paste, basted with a (home made) white pinot noir basting sauce. It started to rain a few minutes after taking this, fortunately my deck has a covered area...

ETA: It's a shame the color balance is a bit off but you get the idea... 😋

lamb_sliced.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 111488

Rotisserie leg of lamb... stuffed with a herb and garlic paste, basted with a (home made) white pinot noir basting sauce. It started to rain a few minutes after taking this, fortunately my deck has a covered area...
obviously winemakers can cook

I used to use that all the time for my Son with celiac. I tried the King Arthur GF pizza flour once, and he loved the flavor. The main thing for me when making it is having to limit the total carbohydrates to a reasonable level since he's a Type 1 diabetic as well. I tend to make a wet dough that I press into an 8" pizza dish (maybe 1/2" sides so not deep dish) and cook it on the baking steel in the oven at 500*F.

https://www.kingarthurbaking.com/gluten-free-pizza-flour

I can only get the Flioreglut at Wegmans around here, the KA flour is in about every grocery store and $5 less for the same amount. It hasn't bugged his intestinal tract either, which is the real test.
obviously winemakers can cook

Happy Easter everyone! No ham today, the "kids" don't seem to favor it. Son had to work this afternoon/evening (hospital), so I made a GF lasagna he likes last night (he even took leftovers to work today). Did a 5 lb roaster chicken for dinner (easy button), will serve with some red skinned taters and green beans. Easy button for sure, but wanted to cook something outside since we are due 4 days straight of rain early this week.

Lasagna from last night:
3-30-24_lasagna.jpg

Chicken for dinner tonight:
3-31-24_chicken.jpg

Yum!

The other night I made a large batch of Paprika Chicken -- basically brown the chicken, seasoning with seasoned salt, black pepper, and paprika. As my mom said, "if you can see the chicken, add more paprika." ;)

The "rice" is a hodge podge -- pearl couscous, white quinoa, mixed wild rices (which are not necessarily rice), basmati brown rice, and generic brown rice. Lot of onion, red wine, and chicken stock, finished in the oven.

paprika chicken.jpg

Back