What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Surely that is another way to enjoy them. I have also put them into a large frying pan with about 1/2" of water, covered the pan and steamed them on top of the range. I keep an eye on the water to be sure it does not all evaporate. When the sprouts are tender enough, I season them.

Generally, I prefer steaming to boiling due to the loss of nutrients in the boiling process.
With bacons

Crockpotted a 3+ lb brisket this morning. NO CLUE what all went into the pot -- I made it up as I went. The things I can remember include ketchup, mustard, sweet-n-sour sauce, seasoned salt, Texas Pete, soy sauce, and FWK Sauvignon Blanc. There's no way to repeat it, but that's ok.

Frozen corn, pearl couscous, and 2020 Meritage (66.7% Merlot, 33.3% Bordeaux Blend) rounded out the meal.

brisket.jpg

Yes, Joe. Both sides of my family are Napolitano and, actually from the same village near Caserta.

I have variously heard it was so named for the following reasons:

1. The dish is spicy, hot and easy to make (just like the ladies of the night).
2. It is made from items that a "lady" would have on hand to treat her client after business was concluded.
3. It takes little time to prepare making it an excellent choice for the "lady" to enjoy between dalliances.
may i add
#4 many married women choose this dish to make cause it didn't take that much time to prepare - in turn they didn't spend too much time in the kitchen - so they can visit their lover
just another theory to the mystery of this dish
beautiful dish - love it - my sister in law's mother makes it for me every time i visit
being Sicilian and Calabrese its not really on our radar

Not sure if I should call this a taco bake or Mexican lasagna....had 2 lbs of ground turkey taco meat left over and decided to make a casserole of sorts since my Son seems to favor them. Some diced red onion and red bell pepper that were sweated, some corn, a can of Rotel tomatoes and green chilies, and 24 oz shredded "Mexican blend" cheese. The "noodles" were soft small corn tortillas cut in half. Turned out pretty well for just throwing stuff together, baked for 25 minutes at 375*F, let cool for 10 minutes. Yum!

3-8-24_taco-bake-1.jpg

3-8-24_taco-bake-2.jpg

Not sure if I should call this a taco bake or Mexican lasagna....had 2 lbs of ground turkey taco meat left over and decided to make a casserole of sorts since my Son seems to favor them. Some diced red onion and red bell pepper that were sweated, some corn, a can of Rotel tomatoes and green chilies, and 24 oz shredded "Mexican blend" cheese. The "noodles" were soft small corn tortillas cut in half. Turned out pretty well for just throwing stuff together, baked for 25 minutes at 375*F, let cool for 10 minutes. Yum!

View attachment 110730

View attachment 110731
I don't care what you call it. If you can work a cheese topping like that, I'll accept an invite any night of the week.

Rainy here most of the day, wonderful time to make a few pizzas....

3-9-24_pizza-1.jpg

3-9-24_pizza-2.jpg

3-9-24_pizza-3.jpg

3-9-24_pizza-4.jpg

3-9-24_pizza-5.jpg

2 for the neighbor. One for my better half and I. Three personal pans for my daughter and friends. One GF for my son when he gets home from work at 11:30 pm. I'm tired.

Pepperoni where home made (fermented), nice and mild, not too much grease when cooked.

Latest posts

Back