What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a package of tenderloin ends, sliced for stir fry. I surprised Mrs. WM81 with a stir fry -- tenderloin, bell pepper, bamboo shoots, and baby bok choy. Plus enough garlic to kill 5,000 vampires.

View attachment 110677
I go through so much garlic when cooking that I'm guessing we reek to other people when we go out. 🤣

Dinner tonight

lets see
10.5 inch x deep Dutch oven
1 corned beef brisket flat
1 yellow onion sliced
1 bag carrots, skinned and chopped 1 1/2 inches
2 bouillon cubes, beef
1 bottle spicy Italian dressing
enough water to cover veggies
trust me, no salt needed with the corned beef brisket seasonings

put over medium flame and allow to boil, bring back to a simmer
let cook till brisket starts to fall apart.

separate broth and reduce 1/2 way

serve brisket and vegies in bowls with broth poured over, not a soup, thinner than a stew

Bon Appetit

Pizza tonight, here's the sauce recipe I've been using lately.
#10 can of 7/11 tomatoes (6lb 9oz or 2976.7g)
45 g table sugar (about 3 TBS)
1.2g oregano
10g kosher or sea salt
2g garlic powder
1 glass of wine or beer for the cook.

Heat to a simmer to hot pack into mason jars.

3-16-24_pizza-sauce-1.jpg

Love this oregano:

3-16-24_pizza-sauce-3.jpg

Hot pack into heated quart jars - boil water canned for 45-50 minutes.

3-16-24_pizza-sauce-4.jpg

3-16-24_pizza-sauce-6.jpg

Makes 3 2/3 quart jars (partial jar in fridge for pizza today). Salt amount is low on purpose since some cheeses have more sodium content than others, you can always add the salt, harder to remove it.

There is a west coast grocery chain
WINCO
They sell bulk spices and blends
One they used to sell was a rub called Back Yard BBQ
I wish I could find it again as I would love to do a set of ribs here featuring it.

Pizza tonight, here's the sauce recipe I've been using lately.
#10 can of 7/11 tomatoes (6lb 9oz or 2976.7g)
45 g table sugar (about 3 TBS)
1.2g oregano
10g kosher or sea salt
2g garlic powder
1 glass of wine or beer for the cook.

Heat to a simmer to hot pack into mason jars.

View attachment 111082

Love this oregano:

View attachment 111083

Hot pack into heated quart jars - boil water canned for 45-50 minutes.

View attachment 111084

View attachment 111085

Makes 3 2/3 quart jars (partial jar in fridge for pizza today). Salt amount is low on purpose since some cheeses have more sodium content than others, you can always add the salt, harder to remove it.
Do you store these in the fridge?

Do you store these in the fridge?
Nope, pH is low enough, canned long enough, they are shelf stable. The partially filled one I did put in the fridge.

Not sure how long they'd last, assuming a year, but I use them within a month or so since we make a lot of pizza/tomato pasta dishes.

If I could get the 7/11 ground tomatoes in a smaller can, I would just use that each time and omit the canning.

Nope, pH is low enough, canned long enough, they are shelf stable. The partially filled one I did put in the fridge.

Not sure how long they'd last, assuming a year, but I use them within a month or so since we make a lot of pizza/tomato pasta dishes.

If I could get the 7/11 ground tomatoes in a smaller can, I would just use that each time and omit the canning.
Oops! I missed the part where you process them in a hot water canner. Makes a lot more sense now. :slp

Latest posts

Back