What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Snack time - Had group of 12 to feed on Monday. Hamburgers, brats & hotdogs for lunch.
Late afternoon snack.
A variation of "Smoked Shotgun shells"

11 Mostaccioli shells
1 lb Italian sausage
8 oz cheddar cheese
1 lb bacon
dry rub
Sweet Baby rays brushed on & more after
Smoke about 2 hours - cut into 3 pieces.
Will change up sausage and type of cheese next time.
1688569904198.png

The second snack was smoked "Spicy Pickle Pig Shots"

Andouille sausage slice with Famous Dave's spicy pickle slice on top
wrapped in bacon(again) held together with toothpick and cream cheese mixture on top.

8 oz cream cheese
provolone cheese
garlic power
chives
1 jalapeno chopped into small pieces
salt/pepper

1688571757681.png

These snacks could be VERY costly if eaten too often, bigger cloths are expensive. :db

Back at you!

I cooked mine by placing in the mailbox for 45 mins......... LOL

Needless to say we are COOKING out here in the SW..........

IMG_0042.jpeg

Pizza night! Pepperoni mushroom (two other pizzas made but I need not bore you with more pizza pics).

Yum!

View attachment 103463

Well, I ran out of data on my trip, but I think we all know I didnt stop eating! I have tried a few different things since I got home.

I made a slow rise dough with 175 grams of my starter and a 1/4 tsp of yeast. It proofed for about 10 hours and the dough was perfect when I started dinner.

Still working on temps. Wood is way hotter.

PXL_20230726_015235519.jpg

This was good but not a redo for me, too rich.

Short ribs.

Guiness, 1.5 oz semi sweet chocolate, garlic, ginger, and hoisin sauce. Luckily the meat powers through everything. There wasn't a hint of beer so maybe a brown ale would have been better.
PXL_20230727_014436882.jpg

And finally... A simple fettuccine Alfredo last night.

PXL_20230728_022013453.jpg

You have to crack one open for the drool factor!
I'll do it next time!

None of the kids and teenagers ate 'em, but the adults made up for that! My niece took several to work the following day -- they're almost as good cold as hot. Using mung beat sprouts instead of cabbage is a bit change.,

Cream of mushroom soup made from homegrown organic leek, potatoes freshly dug, zucchini, fresh homegrown lemon thyme, basil, purple sage, salt free chicken broth, worcestershire sauce, seasoning salt, tamari, smoked paprika pureed after a couple of hours simmering with heavy cream and chopped portabella mushrooms sauteed in butter.

Latest posts

Back