What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought the same thing, then I thought: "Lion King?". - with the cat representing the brisket?
I don‘t know either. Guy is standing in a tiger striped hamper and holding up a cat. I am clueless.

Maybe that’s the point, the dude holding the cat up and proclaiming it’s a good brisket and the other dads don’t know any better?

Chicken fajitas for dinner. Battling a wind that just picked up (good 15 to 20 mph) so dinner is running a bit late. I don't do the sizzle thing with the cast iron plates because, 1 - don't have them, 2 - don't want to spend the money on them right now and 3 - I'll probably burn the crap out of my hands, kids will be fine. Heading right after dinner to pick up 5 lbs of some King Arthur Lancelot bread flour from my younger brother (he lives about a mile away in the same community as I do). Figured it is supposed to be a washout tomorrow so I'll experiment and make a loaf of Lancelot bread. Sorry for the fuzzy image, must have gotten some beer on the camera lens at some point.

5-7-20_fajitas.jpg

Weather was lovely (if slightly cool for mid-early May), so we decided to grill. Leftover roasted artichoke, potato slices (microwaved, then finished on grill); asparagus (parboiled, then finished on the grill, seasoned with chervil); grilled fresh garlic ramps; grass-fed beef ribeye steak (brined, then marinated in garlic and EVOO). All washed down with my 2017 Syrah. No complaints were heard!

IMG_0551.JPGIMG_0552.JPG

Latest posts

Back