What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got rid of the last of the smoked pork loin from a while back. :)

Cubed it up along with an onion and turned it into a big pan of NM red chile cheese enchilada's.

It is still loaded with smokey goodness. :hug

IMG_2182.jpg

Last edited:
I had a big ol' pan-seared ribeye steak, with a side of roasted eggplant, fennel and onion, and polenta with blue cheese. Washed down with Concannon Cab Sauv. and my own WE LE14 Red Mountain Cab Merlot.

Edited to add: Oh, I forgot to mention: I also made a compound butter for the ribeye. Butter, tarragon, fennel fronds, and chives. Yum!

Last edited:
Pulled pork sandwiches (on potato buns) with ho-made mac and cheese, grilled asparagus (marinated in olive oil and garlic) and a salad made by my wife. No images as my 16 yr old daughter is in a rush to drive me to the store (I need coffee and milk) to get her hours up so she can take/pass her test in mid-June, so I'll have another beer since I have a chauffeur (I'm starting to like this...).

Fired up the BGE! Tuesday threw on some bbq wings then since it was dialed in we put the teriyaki pork tenderloin (no pic) on. Tonight fired it up to 600° and put them NY strips on, dialed the temp down and threw the Louisiana ho made Boudin on while it cooled down for lunch tomorrow had to sample some....
Put that in yo hopper and smoke it!! ::
Disclaimer¦ No slam intended, I have cooked on that pellet dropping Traeger thing and will take the BGE any day!!
TXWineDuo

P_20170502_185344.jpg

P_20170504_184245.jpg

P_20170504_213032.jpg

Those wings look like something from a Hieronymus Bosch painting!

Thanks for learning us some culture, sour_grapes
As we were reading about him we couldn't help finding humor in some of the descriptions...
that Mrs. Duo loves my bbq wings as long as I don't fret about burning them.
"His paintings have been difficult to translate from a modern point of view
and
with deep insight into humanity's desires and deepest fears"
TXWineDuo

So your stopping off at Kroger eh? :)

kroger-beef-barbacoa-is-the-best-lrg.png

Cinco de Mayo = Barbacoa Tacos.

So your stopping off at Kroger eh? :)

kroger-beef-barbacoa-is-the-best-lrg.png

Close!

4d928f80-e47c-4e76-8298-6896a7732bb2_1.fdeb54ab264ce83a8381ec614bf2aad7.jpeg

Rubbed some Prime chuck down with S&P and cumin, then browned it in the DO, mixed up w/ some red onion, two chipotles and a little adobo sauce. Will serve it up w/ pickled red cabbage and cilantro.

LOL Let me know how you like it. The Kroger version was OK but not to die for. I found the Kroger "Pork Carnitas" however to be in the very good/excellent for pre-cooked meats category! :)

IMG_5508-700x700.jpg

Got some pre-cut beef (round steak, not sure if top or bottom) at the Giant for $4.34/lb, chopped up some veges, fried in some hot sesame oil, added a little oyster sauce and a Thai version of soy sauce (seasoning sauce - tu'o'ng gia vị). Served with some lo mein noodles. Very nice easy meal, plus the higher levels of sodium made me thirsty for a beer or three.

5-5-17_noodles.JPG

Dinner was good. Very good. Gave it the Saltbae treatment with the Pinot Noir Salt before serving. Loved it! Large flakes of salt w/ the Pinot infusion created bursts of flavor and an unexpected crunch. Delicious.

fullsizeoutput_3160.jpg

Dinner was good. Very good. Gave it the Saltbae treatment with the Pinot Noir Salt before serving. Loved it! Large flakes of salt w/ the Pinot infusion created bursts of flavor and an unexpected crunch. Delicious.

What cut of meat is that, almost looks like a top round (London broil), just less fat?

Latest posts

Back