What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last of the beach leftovers. Have some pulled chicken that's being sautéed for tacos. It made for some great nachos a couple nights ago - along with some fresh margaritas, of course. ;)

Jerk chicken, mango salsa, black beans and rice, and some grilled sweet peppers.

I expect to see some weekend dishes posted here. Getting tired of seeing predominately my posts.

One Pot Mediterranean Lamb & Mushroom Pasta:

Ingredients

2 tbsp olive oil
1 lb Superior Farms Ground Lamb
1 cup baby bella mushrooms (diced)
1 cup onion (diced)
3 cloves garlic (minced)
1 tsp ground cinnamon
¼ tsp cayenne pepper
¼ tsp ground cloves
½ tsp ground oregano
½ cup red wine
2 cups diced roma tomatoes
8 oz can tomato sauce
2 cups macaroni noodles
2 cups chicken broth
¼ cup parmesan cheese (grated)

http://whitneybond.com/2015/07/10/one-pot-mediterranean-lamb-mushroom-pasta/

Having leftovers since the older two kids are out and about, so that is my prompt to try something different. Knew I had some ground lamb burgers in the freezer, so pretty much followed this recipe (added 1 cup diced zucchini). Will post the finished picture when it finishes in 1/2 hour. Used tri colored penne pasta instead of elbows (didn't have enough elbows in stock).

Smells really good, lot's o' garlic and spice.

Of course, wouldn't be the same dish without canned PA portebella shrooms.

9-9-16_lamb-sauce.jpg

9-9-16_lamb-pasta.jpg

Last edited:
I expect to see some weekend dishes posted here. Getting tired of seeing predominately my posts.

Um, where's the posts? I know you'all cook. Let's see it.

Simple burgers and dogs on charcoal. Cold front is far enough West that we won't have to deal with it until tonight or early tomorrow morning (lost a lot of sleep with that earlier in the week, oh well), so I did them on the briquettes. Yumers. Served with a 2013 Barboursville Cab Franc, quite delightful.

9-10-16_burgers.jpg

Didn't cook last night, but had cedar planked salmon with a bourbon glaze, roasted carrots and jasmine rice. Pre dinner, Chateau St. Michelle Riesling and with the salmon, some La Crema Pinot Noir.

I have not really posed here in a while. I am currently on a diet and to reduce any temptation, my wife has kicked me out of the kitchen and has assumed the role as chef..

With her cooking (she could burn water) I will shed the pounds in no time.

We went to another Beer Dinner last night at our local Beer Coop (Bathtub Row) which is hosted by a local restaurant, the (Pig & Fig). Fantastic from start to finish. Here are a couple pictures of the first two courses out of six! A different perfectly paired beer with each course no less including desert!

First Plate
sautéed shrimp, garlic lemon beurre blanc, sourdough crostini
Tres Litros Saison

Second Plate
brochettes of jamon serrano, crenshaw melon, manchego cheese
Green Chile Pilsner

Third Plate
potato paprika bisque, chorizo iberico
Mild at Heart

Fourth Plate
beef tenderloin tips, red wine reduction, cabrales cream
Red Hammer Ale

Fifth Plate
triple cream cheese, peach thyme compote
Caldera Sundown Wheat IPA

Sixth Plate
white chocolate panna cotta, mulberry jam
Razzberry Beret

14344717_1767464033465637_1774831344025172340_n.jpg

14333572_1767464043465636_5619567389413208801_n.jpg

Last edited:
I know, no pictures, but tough nooggies.

Had some shrimp. Had some diced clams. Had some garlic. Had some EVOO. Had some Vidalia onions. Had some more garlic. Had some Linguine. Had a 16 month old bottle of Pinot Grigio. Hummm. Shrimp scampi (with some clam flavor in the base) with some Pinot Grigio. Nice Thursday meal, yum!

LOL

He said he would have to eat leftovers for 6 months! :)

I remember saying before that I would be willing to become your household pet if I was allowed to eat your leftovers (and you'd put some wine in my dish occasionally....) just need to find that post, I'd guess it was Spring of 2015.

BTW, that scampi looks really good. I mix up a batch of Essence and have it on hand, never thought of it in the scampi, I'll have to try it. Too bad I don't have any at work since I brought my leftover scampi for lunch. Guess I could run over to the store, I think the Giant carries Emeril's stuff.

Back