What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nah. He is one of those snow birds that ended up building a permanent hut. He does talk to a lot of NASA retirees though.

Got off early enough and got my stops out of the way. Made my dough, proofed it in the fridge, made some pizza. Garlic, pepperoni and portobella mushrooms (not canned, freshly sliced) with a mix of mozzarella and mild cheddar cheese, and lots of oregano. Sauce was leftover jarred version from a chcken parm dinner (added cheese to the sauce).

10-7-16_pizza.jpg

Opened a 2015 Marion Cellars Cabernet/Merlot blend to go with a very simple dinner. selected cheese spread sautéed leeks with a tarragon vinaigrette dressing, pan seared Padron peppers accompanied by my girlfriend and Spanish guitar music in background.
She has opted for Nobilo Sauvignon Blanc.

IMG_1834.jpg

Opened a 2015 Marion Cellars Cabernet/Merlot blend to go with a very simple dinner. selected cheese spread sautéed leeks with a tarragon vinaigrette dressing, pan seared Padron peppers accompanied by my girlfriend and Spanish guitar music in background.
She has opted for Nobilo Sauvignon Blanc.

Ah, I see the Nobilo there. By sister in law calls that the "Devil Wine". Very quaffable.

Don't know...but know it will be terrible. It's my wife's night to cook and she is on a glutten free kick....no doubt a lot of green rabbit food and a tiny piece of dead chicken....assembled into some kind of flavorless mess.

Still, she has lost 35 pounds, looks great, and her mood has greatly improved. She is more often in the mood to be chased nakid around the house....and much harder to catch too! Not as fast as I used to be....but still crafty.

Man can not live by dinner alone.

My uncle is up from Georgia. He is a great guy! Not only did he help all week with the punch downs, he also took us out on Friday night for martinis and oysters!!!

This place had 6 varieties of oysters. We tried them all revisited the ones we liked best. All in all, we downed 5 dozen.

I normally do not drink the hard stuff, but it just seems that oysters and martinis go so well together. I got mine (pictured) dirty with 4 olives (the wife loves to steal my olives, so I get extra). I only had 2 martinis and, man, was I feeling it!

IMG_20161007_174627_254.jpg

Every Friday night we usually have pizza night. I'm about pizza'd out, so I went another route. It was 65*F out today and we had a beautiful blue sky, very light wind (will have a freeze tonight for sure), so time for some charcoal and fajitas, for Dad (me, I'm Dad).

Of course when I asked the older three what they wanted for dinner tomorrow night (wife and daughter have to do the cheerleading thing early), they wanted....fajitas. So this was a practice run. Nothing like spiced up chicken done on charcoal using some Merlot soaked oak cubes. Mighty fine vittles in my opinion.

Served with Labatts Blue, wish they'd dump the wierd can, kinda sick of looking at it. Whatever happened to the blue can? Eye pleasing color, distinctive look in the recycling bin. What more could one ask for? Makes me look like I'm a Bengles football fan. That's only one step removed from Pittsburgh, ugh. :h

10-14-16_fajitas.jpg

Latest posts

Back