What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have cucumber dills, green beans, summer squashes with basil and korean daikon radish. I love lactofermented veggies.

Friday pizza night. One with white sauce and pepperoni, one with red sauce and pepperoni, ham and diced beef bratwurst, mine with diced pepperoni, ham, bratwurst and onion, grilled to perfection (pictured before the peak of perfection was reached). Served with an ultra cold 16oz Labatts Blue (forgot it in the freezer, was somewhat slushy).

8-5-6_pizza.jpg

Balsamic marinated Flat Iron steak, Quinoa with wild rice, carrots and mushrooms, fresh corn on the cob.

Mrs. JohnD's birthday tomorrow, got the Cajun group (in laws and siblings) over for a visit tomorrow. Bought a 7 bone prime rib, cut it off of the bones, seasoned it and tied it back on to the bone rack. It'll sit in the fridge overnight and take a nice little ride in the Primo before dinner.

Big boy's in the Primo!

Last edited:
Only in your mind, only in your mind...... LOL :ft

Pics wouldn't have done it justice. :)

It was good, not great. A 'rare' occasion where I could have left the steak on the grill for another minute. It only had about 6 hours in the marinade. I'd go 12-24. All in all, a good meal, but I didn't nail it.

Hash made from garden potatoes, green beans, jalapeño and some Korean red chili flakes. It's what's for breakfast.

ImageUploadedByWine Making1470579210.164096.jpg

Celebrating our soon to be eleven year olds birthday a day early. Have a really busy schedule tomorrow, so ended up celebrating today. He requested fried tilapia, so the boys ate fish, the girls got fried chicken fingers. Served with corn and eventually cake. I didn't want to waste really fishy oil, so I cut up a green tomato, coated with flour and some Emeril's essence, and made a nice side dish for Dad.

All of course was gluten free, except the fried maters.

8-7-16_corn.jpg

8-7-16_fish-n-chicken.jpg

8-7-16_fried-green-maters.jpg

Latest posts

Back