What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Once again, it is me and the two youngest offspring. Queried them as to what they wanted, chicken nugget and seafood. Ended up doing some GF fried shrimps and some oven fried taters with brussel sprouts for the boy and carrots for the girl to compliment her chicken nugget. Rained quite hard here for about two hours, so had to abstain from grilling. If I did grill I might get wet and melt since I'm so sweet :h (yea, right. I'm hallucinating big time)

7-30-16_shrimps.jpg

ImageUploadedByWine Making1469983697.622269.jpg
My wifes the best. I have major gastro issues, so she slaves over my food. Tonight: grilled chicken with cauliflower ground (to look and spiced to taste like rice). Together with a special bbq sauce that I can have.
Paired with a Malbec Carignan. I opened it yesterday. Not a major fan. Maybe it aired out a bit.

Just a light "farewell to the weekend" dinner. "Prime" prime rib cooked medium rare, loaded baked potato and some nice fresh spinach that I sautéed with some EVOO and balsamic vinegar. Total cost for this dinner was $13..... Paired very nicely with the wine I chose from the cellar for tonight.

IMG_1340.jpg

Welcomed the older two kids home with their favorite meal, steak, mac-n-cheese and corn. One of the ears was bad so I plucked a green tomato and grilled that with some Emerils Essence sprinkled on top.

7-31-16_steak.jpg

7-31-16_mac-n-cheese.jpg

7-31-16_corn.jpg

Trying to follow in the shadows of Greg LOL More veggies less animal protein! This went really well with a glass of my new LR Sauvignon Blanc Rose'

Settling in nicely. Since there was no sorbate added it is drinking pretty well already. They don't call Sauv Blanc a new winery's cash cow for nothing as its ready quick and can be sold fast while the reds are aging.

Settling in nicely. Since there was no sorbate added it is drinking pretty well already. They don't call Sauv Blanc a new winery's cash cow for nothing as its ready quick and can be sold fast while the reds are aging.

wait, I thought you added just a tiny bit of f-pack at the end....maybe I misunderstood.

Not on this one, all f-pack added upfront and fermented to dry. I added 50% of the f-pack up front and the rest after stabilzed to the Gerwutz/Verdelho/Muscat that is now in bulk aging.

wait, I thought you added just a tiny bit of f-pack at the end....maybe I misunderstood.

Latest posts

Back