What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yea, the Pork wrapped in Pork was to die for (literally and figuratively)

Served on a bed of baby Arugula with a Pomegranate vinaigrette. :hug

IMG_1284.jpg

Just in case you missed this on another post..

Brisket with Andouille sausage for my camping trip.

I took two briskets, dry rubbed them overnight, and then brazed them (along with the sausage) in white wine/worchestershire sauce for 5 1/2 hours. I then refrigerated the meat overnight before packing it into zip-locks for the camping cooler.

When ready to eat at the camp site, I took a roasting pan, added 1/2 bottle of white wine and the meat, sealed it in foil, then heated the meat up for about 30 minutes.

I then took the meat out, placed it on the grill, and then sauced it using Jack Daniel's No 7 BBQ Sauce.

YUM, and very little trouble in a camping environment. That meat was so tender it just fell apart. Served with creamy potato salad and veggie/pasta salad.

It was a big hit! The sausage provided perfect heat and smoke to the brisket!

IMG_0163.jpg

Last edited:
Too busy last Friday for the traditional pizza night, so moved it to tonight. Decided on a small grilled pizza with chopped garlic, mushrooms, diced tomato and a bit of grated Parmesan to top it all off. The garlic is quite excellent! Paired it with an 11+ month old WE SE Sangiovese. (Rest of the family had their normal, uninspiring pizza pies, baked in a traditional oven)

7-12-16_pizza.jpg

OMG you did not put "canned" mushrooms on that pizza did you! :sh

Too busy last Friday for the traditional pizza night, so moved it to tonight. Decided on a small grilled pizza with chopped garlic, mushrooms, diced tomato and a bit of grated Parmesan to top it all off.

@ceeaton: Are you mocking my avatar with yours? :)

No, just drinking too much wine while cooking my pizza. Finished the bottle then tipped some carboys last night too, just wish I hadn't when I tried to get up this morning. I plan on reinstating the old avatar as soon as I can find it. Maybe I can find an 18 month old shot of me and scan it if I can't find the old one.

Were gonna have to have an intervention with you........ :)

While I'd tend to agree with you, Mike; many of my favorite pizza joints use canned 'shrooms.

Reminds me: MOD Pizza just opened up right by my office. I've been twice already, but haven't gotten a pie with mushrooms. May have to go again tomorrow and see what they use.

While I'd tend to agree with you, Mike; many of my favorite pizza joints use canned 'shrooms.

Reminds me: MOD Pizza just opened up right by my office. I've been twice already, but haven't gotten a pie with mushrooms. May have to go again tomorrow and see what they use.

Try adding dried porcini mushrooms! Boil a cup of water, take water off heat and pour over the dried mushrooms to reconstitute them. Let them steep until the water is just a little tepid (about 15 minutes), then add as a pizza topping. OMG!!!!!

Tonight its sesame teriyaki cedar planked chicken served over a Bibb lettuce salad with a ginger sesame dressing.

Back