What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had homemade spinach, ricotta gnocchi. Wifey made a light red sauce with fresh tomatoes from her garden. paired with a crisp Sauvignon Blanc. nice summer meal. Bakervinyard

Every two weeks I buy two dozen eggs from a fellow parishioner at our church. Her son has quite a few chickens, that lay really nice large brown eggs. My son loves poached eggs and tends to only eat the yolks, so these large eggs fit the bill. Well, when I bought my two dozen on Sunday and came home, I realized we had over two dozen still in the refrigerator. So several times this week we will have "egg night". The wifey made the kids omelets, scrambled eggs and eggs in a basket, but I needed to use a bunch of leftovers, which included peppers, onions, spinach and canned mushrooms. Threw in some Italian cheeses and bacon and made myself, I think, a quiché. Didn't know what to pair it with so I kept drinking the Merlot blend I was enjoying.

7-18-16_eggs-1.jpg

7-18-16_eggs-2.jpg

7-18-16_eggs-3.jpg

Canned shrooms......... :(

No Pie Crust no Quiché! Thats an Omelet! :)

Every two weeks I buy two dozen eggs from a fellow parishioner at our church. Her son has quite a few chickens, that lay really nice large brown eggs. My son loves poached eggs and tends to only eat the yolks, so these large eggs fit the bill. Well, when I bought my two dozen on Sunday and came home, I realized we had over two dozen still in the refrigerator. So several times this week we will have "egg night". The wifey made the kids omelets, scrambled eggs and eggs in a basket, but I needed to use a bunch of leftovers, which included peppers, onions, spinach and canned mushrooms. Threw in some Italian cheeses and bacon and made myself, I think, a quiché. Didn't know what to pair it with so I kept drinking the Merlot blend I was enjoying.

The shrooms developed an nice flavor sitting in the fridge.

Didn't have time for the crust. Crust = calories that could be spent drinking wine instead, so I didn't do the crust. So this is a diet dinner dish (d cubed).

Actually, I thought an omelet was supposed to be folded over on itself. If it isn't folded I thought it was a fritatta (open faced omelet). Maybe this should be classified as an egg casserole since it was so thick, or a soufflé since it rose so much as it cooked.

Don't care much for how it was classified, it was dinner and tasted darn good.

Made Orange Chicken with broccoli and carrots. Used a new sauce I found at the store. Tweaked it by cooking the chicken in some Costco stir fry seasoning and grated fresh ginger. Don't forget Jasmine rice cooked in a rice cooker! Man o man turned out nice. Love this new sauce and the fresh grated ginger made it really zing. Of course some Sriracha sauce may have been snuck in as well! LOL. Paired very well with a glass of the LE Spanish Vino Blanco. :sm

IMG_1295.jpg

Last edited:
Made Orange Chicken with broccoli and carrots. Used a new sauce I found at the store. Tweaked it by cooking the chicken in some Costco stir fry seasoning and grated fresh ginger. Man o man turned out nice. Love this new sauce and the fresh grated ginger made it really zing. Of course some Sriracha sauce may have been snuck in as well! LOL Paired very well with a glass of the LE Spanish Vino Blanco. :sm

I think it would taste better with some canned mushrooms from PA.

If I told you once I have told you a hundred times..... NO CANNED MUSHROOMS!!!! :)

wirehangers.jpg

I think it would taste better with some canned mushrooms from PA.

Latest posts

Back