What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today I must work and I am already looking forward to the evening because I am a bit tired today. In the evening I will meet a friend of mine and I think we will have a good time together. After this I will go home and will have a snack and then go to bed because tomorrow I have to go to work again.

I just picked up my bargain of the week.

Got 2 recliner armchairs in cream leather off the local ebay for $25 the pair.. they are only a year old and not a mark on them.. have got my leather cleaner and polish out.. and they look fabulous..

am absolutely stoked!

Allie

I just picked up my bargain of the week.

Got 2 recliner armchairs in cream leather off the local ebay for $25 the pair.. they are only a year old and not a mark on them.. have got my leather cleaner and polish out.. and they look fabulous..

am absolutely stoked!

Allie
Wow! Nice score!
My score for the day was 10 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken breasts for $1.78/lb. I'll save you the math...that's $5.41/Kg NZD. Is that a good deal?

Yes that's a great deal..

big supermarkets here.. that particular cut..( boneless skinless breast) will run you as high as $16.99 a kilo.

The local cut price butcher had those on special 2 weeks back at $7.99 a kilo.. So you're still getting it cheaper than me. He had wings on speacial for $3.99 kg and drums/thighs were $4.99kg.

however .. lamb is dear for you guys isn't it?

He had lamb leg roasts for $8.99 a kilo last week and I have 4 x 3kg ( av size) tucked in the freezer....that's a good price even by our standards.

Pork roasts run at $5.99 per kilo for a shoulder roast and $6.99 for leg. ( bone in)..

local supermarket was selling pork roasts for $12.99kg..and lamb leg roasts for $16 a kilo .. on the same week that the butcher had his specials.

I don't buy meat at the supermarket anymore.

Allie

( all prices quoted in New Zealand dollars)

Racked strawberry into secondary, Stablized Shiraz,Bottled chardonnay(27 bottles) power washed slim and moss off deck

Hey Mike I was wondering where you were earlier..

Sounds like you are having a good week too, always good to not break your neck getting off the deck!

:p

Allie

...Pork roasts run at $5.99 per kilo for a shoulder roast and $6.99 for leg. ( bone in)..

local supermarket was selling pork roasts for $12.99kg..and lamb leg roasts for $16 a kilo .. on the same week that the butcher had his specials.

I don't buy meat at the supermarket anymore.

Allie

( all prices quoted in New Zealand dollars)
Back in the day things were really tight, I'd go to a restaurant supply house, get two pork shoulder butts for $2.80/Kg (NZD), then cut them myself into boneless "country ribs" until I hit the shoulder bone. Then I'd take them to a local butcher and he'd saw them into blade steaks for 20-cents/lb (USD). It was a little running around, but I was getting "ribs" and steaks for about 60% the cost of the packaged product.

am going to post a reply to you in the daily meals thread OP..

seems to be a better place to continue this conversation..

Allie

Going to spend the rest of my night on an MRI table! Got 2 shots directly into my spine yesterday and am on steroids for my back. X rays showed 3 disks but not a good enough picture for them to decide where to go with this. I am not getting a surgery but will look into other ares. Ive heard both very good and very bad stories for surgery and chiropractors but have my mind set that unless Im cripled refuse to even think of surgery! My wife isnt doing very good either(actually much worse) as she had a knee surgery 1 1/2 months ago that went well but then somehow went south and got full of fluids and had to get opened back up and she also had to get an IV put in and used for 2 weeks originally which turned into another nightmare as she has bad veins and every other day 1 would give out. Today she had to go to the hospital and get 2 ports put in as all her veins in her arms are now shot and the nurses could not find any more to hook into. And now my mother fell down trying to rake leaves and hurt her hip pretty good so I have to shoot over there right after work and help her out for awhile then run home and cook, clean, do clothes, check my wines, take a shower and somewhere in between there sleep and check out the forum!:spm

Wade.. I had hoped it was getting easier for you.. Isn't there a local teeneager willing to help out with your parents garden.. perhaps contact the lions association or the boy scouts?.. there are always people willing to give a bit of a hand in the community.

Sorry to hear both you and your wife are in pain, it must be so stressful for you both.. Medical centres always seem to move very slowly.

We will still be here, get your family sorted first.

the superman emote is very appropriate!:spm

Allie

Wade, just when things seems to be going south you read about someone else and you realize your problems are nothing. I feel for you, just take it easy so you don't hurt yourself any further. It sounds like you have a lot of people counting on you. Wishing your mom and your family the very best.

That bites!
When I was under the weather, folks said, "Cheer up! It could be worse." So I cheered up, and sure enough...things got worse.

So don't cheer up! Just get better. We're pullin' for you....

Wade, I wish there was a way for all of us to pile in the truck and come over and help out. I know from experiencing some hard times myself in the past, both physical and financial, a positive mental state is what pulled me through. If I can give you any help at all it's the advice to keep your head up because things do get better. I wish you and your family a get well soon.
Bryan

Hey Wade!

Just want to say that we are all rooting for a speedy recovery for you and your family. Keep a positive attitude and you'll all get through this rough patch.

How'd the MRI pics come out, Wade? Suitable for framing?

What am I doing the rest of the day?
Marveling at what a good purchase we made. We got a gadget that fits on our meat grinder, and makes hamburger patties. It's a sliding gizmo, and the boys and I turned out 56 1/3 pound patties in just under 20 minutes. :r

How'd the MRI pics come out, Wade? Suitable for framing?

What am I doing the rest of the day?
Marveling at what a good purchase we made. We got a gadget that fits on our meat grinder, and makes hamburger patties. It's a sliding gizmo, and the boys and I turned out 56 1/3 pound patties in just under 20 minutes. :r

How many boys does it take to eat 56 1/3 pound hamburgers in under 20 minutes?:h

My riend has been making patties the hard way but may have to hook him up with an Ebay purchase since he hooks me up with some of those and some pretty big cuts of venison all the time.

Sorry to hear about your crappy week buddy. Haven't on the forum much the last two days didn't hear till today. Holding one in the air for you and yours Wade, hope it all impoves FAST for you!
Troy.
I'd like to see this burger machine

2 days till winter, for me!

We just had a good dump of show. 12", alot by our standards. So I just shoveled with a broken foot, that wasn't impossible but it was interesting.

The fun part is that now that it finished snowing, the sky is clearing and we are looking at -20F for a few days starting Sunday, theres a good chance some areas and valleys(me!, yikes) may even see as low as -30F.

So.. here we go!! My 31st winter in cold ash sheets. By December 21st, the shortest day we will be down to about 3 hours of daylight and likely temps around -30 to -40F. Look at the -62F photo in ,my photo album, that was around xmas last year.

No wonder I drink!!! Or the rest of my fellow citizens for that matter.
:d:d:d
Troy

Back